Stores Accountant Job, Latest Accounting Jobs,
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR VARIOUS POSITIONS
Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust (RWMT) is a charitable organisation operating in rural Rarieda sub-county in Siaya County. The organisation began as a grass-root CBO in 2003 to assist orphaned children and youth with a focus on community empowerment and development.
Vision: People believe in themselves and work together to build a vibrant and progressive community.
Mission: Empower people and build their capacities to create positive change for children and youth within their community.
We are currently seeking to recruit talented, progressive and team-oriented individuals to fill the following vacant positions;
- FINANCE OFFICER
- STORES ASSISTANT
- FARM SUPERVISOR
- FARM ASSISTANT
- HOSTEL MATRON
(b) STORES ACCOUNTANT
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The incumbent will work with the team to perform the daily operations in Inventory Accounting and provide support to the Finance Officer in bookkeeping.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
R1. Inventory Management
- Maintain accurate and complete inventory record in QuickBooks.
- Receive goods from suppliers against approved LPOs
- Raise Goods Received Notes (GRNs) before any goods are received into the store.
- Ensure accurate and properly authorized requisitions (Goods Issued) before any issues are made.
- Ensure proper inventory management including updating stock cards, reorder levels determination and monthly inventory movement reports.
- Work with the Finance Officer on property and equipment updated register maintenance.
- Assist with actual procurements for project supplies and equipment when called to do so.
- Conduct regular stock take and immediate production of store reports variance report (Monthly, quarterly and annual stock takes).
- Ensure controls on production materials issues.
- Take part in mass issues of items from the inventory e.g. school uniform/clothes to OVCs.
- Preparation of monthly inventory reports.
- Produce a monthly issues report for cost allocation to the user departments.
- Reconciling inventory with Finance System.
R2. Risk Management
- Ensure that the project does not suffer any loss through fraud and error by ensuring that assets are safeguarded by closely monitoring and maintaining an adequate system of internal control.
- Ensure safekeeping of all Inventories.
- Ensure no inventory losses as a result of obsolete and expired items.
R3. Bookkeeping and Accounts
- Assist the Finance Officer in financial files and records maintenance
- Assist the Finance Officer in compilation of monthly financial reports according to donor specifications.
- Assist Finance Officer in office petty cash management i.e. receipts and disbursements.
- Perform daily and weekly cash counts in conjunction with the Finance Officer whenever called to do so.
- Assist in raising petty cash replenishment requests when petty cash replenishment level is attained.
- Record all project income and do analysis of cost centers for the project’s production.
- General photocopying and filing.
R4. Governance and Management
- Ensure adherence to RWMT’s policies and procedures as outlined in the Financial Policy and Procedures and Procurement Manuals, accounting standards and statutory requirement pertaining to accounting and financial reporting.
- Attend workshops and forums as organized by the donors or RWMT.
R5. Other duties and responsibilities
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the Supervisor and management from time to time and which are related to the achievement of RWMT’s mission and vision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
( The knowledge, skills and abilities may be required through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training).
- Level of education: At least a Diploma in Finance/ accounting or other relevant disciplines
- Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications : A professional qualification of CPA Section ¾.A professional qualification in stores/Inventory management is an added advantage.
- Other competencies: Detail oriented and well-organized
Requires strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and administration skills.
- Job experience: At least two (2) years’ experience in stores accounting and inventory management is a MUST. Preference will be given to candidates who have worked with several grants in a rural set up and majored in store management.
- QuickBooks experience: Two (2) years’ experience using quick books in stores management is a MUST.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email the following to [email protected] by 24 th February 2021.
(1) Cover letter stating the position for which you are applying, along with current remuneration or last remuneration if currently not employed, (2) three paragraph motivation statement and why you feel you meet the requirements, (3) three references and (4) C.V.
IMPORTANT: All four (4) above mentioned steps must be followed. Applications not following all steps will automatically be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
All applicants should bring a personal commitment to community development. Applicants should take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust’s vision and mission before considering to apply.
Only those who can demonstrate all required competencies will be considered.