Senior Coxswain Jobs, Jobs In Mombasa, KMFRI Jobs
Positions – Three (3)
- Overall in charge of the Seamen and Coxswains;
- Piloting boats; general discipline and good order of the ship’s crew at all times;
- Movement of personnel in and out of the ship at all times;
- Maintenance of correct records of the ship;
- Maintenance of complete records of lost and found property in the ship and its disposal;
- Executing disciplinary measures within the ship fairly and in accordance with regulation;
- Supervising crew and ensuring compliance with routines and standing orders;
- Ensuring that there is no trafficking of unauthorized persons, cargo, or liquor on board; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have:-
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a mean grade D+ (Plus) or equivalent;
- Coxswain Certificate of competency or any other relevant equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in supervisory skills course lasting not less than two (2) weeks;
- Proven experience of at least six (6) years in piloting small boats; and
- Satisfactorily served as a Coxswain I, or equivalent for a minimum of three years
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications both in HARD and SOFT COPY with a detailed resume and copies of certificates and testimonials. Envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and sent to the address below not later than Monday 20th May 2019.
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute,
P.O. Box 81651 – 80100,
Phone: 020-8021560, 020-8021561
KMFRI is an Equal opportunity Employer committed to diversity, Persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.