Software Developer Job, IT Kenyan Job Vacancies 2021,
Royal Media Services Limited is the leading media house in Eastern Africa. It is home to award winning talent and products. To strengthen our position and align our products with emerging technology trends, we are looking for a suitably qualified person to fill the above position.
Position roles and responsibilities
Reporting to the DIGITAL PRODUCTS MANAGER, the role requires a good understanding of the Digital Media and proven skills in web systems development, management and support, as well as system security. The programmer will provide advice and guidance with the help of the line manager on best practices within the organisation in terms of web systems development, roll out, management and maintenance.
The digital programmer will be responsible for:
- Building, maintaining and supporting all web based products for the Group (Royal Media Services LTD), whilst working closely with the Webmaster and Digital Products Manager.
- Ensuring that all digital applications developed are intuitive, mobile first and easy to use
- Providing road maps for all systems maintained by the digital team Testing new systems, features and enhancements; developing and utilizing test data in system development. Assisting and providing support to system users and communicating system changes
- Analyzing system user concerns, requirements, & requests for system features and uses; identifying and making recommendations regarding applications, modifications, and enhancements to existing systems to accommodate user needs.
- Responsible for analyzing current programs and processes, and making recommendations which yield a more cost effective product.
- Developing, organizing and writing system documentation and user manuals, guidelines and other documentation.
- Follow industry best practices; Write well-designed and reusable code for multiple devices and screen resolutions. Well-sliced & diced code.
Academic qualifications, experience and other attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering,or other related discipline, certification in programming languages
- Hands-on experience with Web Services and API’s (REST, SOAP, etc ..)
- Working knowledge of AWS, Git, Bitbucket, SMS, USSD and HTML5
- Must have strong debugging, troubleshooting and collaborative skills
- Self-starter, Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience at corporate or media institutions at similar roles
- Needs to have Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to details, Willingness to innovate, explore new ideas and acquire new skills
- Experience with flutter will be an added advantage
- Experience with Firebase, Location Services, Video/Audio streaming, and other common iOS/ Android libraries
- Understanding of the Agile development life-cycle
- Experience with Microsoft dynamics customization will be an added advantage
- Experience deploying applications on AWS
How To Apply
If you qualify, please send your application and resume to [email protected] and ensure the email subject is HRD-SD-0821
Closing date will be September 3rd 2021 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Register Your CV With Us. . It's Free.
NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career? The Secret Is To Learn New Skills . .