- Company: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: - - - Danish Refugee Council Jobs in KenyaProcurement Jobs in KenyaStore-keeping Jobs in KenyaTraining/Internship
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organisation founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assets & General Equipment (Inventory) Management
- Read & Understand the DRC OH – Assets
- Complete the assets module in dynamics
- Update all DRC assets and general equipment registers in the FA Module by tracking, and tagging in line with DRC asset management policies working closely with the Regional IT Officer.
- Be part of the analysis of vehicle and asset status and make recommendation for timely repairs and replacement
- Implement reports from spot checks of warehouse and asset management to ensure implementation and documentation is up to date and produce review reports on areas where improvement is needed.
- Carry out physical assets’ verification from office to office, cross reference and update in the asset register in dynamics
- Carry out a physical inventory verification from room to room and update in an inventory list, clearly specifying location, custodian and the room location.
- Carry out a complete physical verification in the RO office and expat staff houses for all DRC assets
- Ensure all assets are tagged and tag number used as the main reference on the assets register
- Identify and prepare a record for all assets and inventory separately that are due for disposal and produce a consolidated disposal list using DRC assets disposal template.
- Liaise and work closely with the IT officer to ensure all IT assets are tagged and included in the assets list and/ or disposal list
- Work closely with the Admin Team leader to ensure all GEs are properly tracked
- Supply Chain Manager on the disposal process as necessary once items for disposal have been identified.Liaise with the Regional
- Managing fleet and ensure that it complies with DRC OH
- Ensure fuel invoices are reconciled in accordance to the set time frames
- Responsible for assigning vehicles to the programs department to facilitate their day to day work and ensure the vehicle movement board is updated on a daily basis
- Ensure that vehicles have adequate fuel for the assigned movements and ensure that a good fuel monitoring tool is in place for usage
- Monitor and ensure that all vehicles, including hired ones are serviced on time
- Ensure Fleet performance reports (fuel consumption, maintenance, running costs etc.) is posted on the SharePoint for review every 5th day of the month
- Prepare an insurance tracker and ensure timely renewal of insurance for RO vehicles
- Assist the drivers correctly use log sheets to record details of all their movements.
- Ensure drivers check vehicles every morning using the Vehicle checklist and compile weekly status report for review by RSCM
- Ensure that all motorized assets (vehicles &, generators) are correctly operated and maintained accordance with donor requirements
- Open and maintain a file for each vehicle separately with all relevant vehicle documentation as per vehicle file checklist
- Ensure all vehicle operation policies and systems are up to date and enforced within RO operations.
- Assist with LVOs from time to time as requested by program staff
- Raise payment requests for items already received for payment processing
- Issuing tender documents to vendors on request after tender is announced
- Assist in updating suppliers list and price lists and regularly checking on price validity for updates
- Data entry on QEFs, scoring forms and sheets and other procurement forms as required.
- Liaising with vendors for any discrepancies and/or wrong specifications on GRNs
- Follow up on all approved orders, to ensure that they are supplied in time and requestors informed.
- Liaising with vendors for invoices immediately after service is rendered for goods purchased
- Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and contribute to ensuring complaints are recorded and reported appropriately, in line with the DRC Code of Conduct and Accountability Framework.
- Assist in the preparation of prequalified suppliers’ documentation, responding to supplier queries and printing the document on request of suppliers.
- Assist in data entry for evaluation reports of suppliers and drafting of framework agreements
- Sourcing up to date price lists/completed RFQs from suppliers
- Ensure all paperwork filing is accurate, up to date, and in correct order so as to easily facilitate checks and audits.
Supply chain and Admin Support
- Liaising closely with the Regional Supply Chain Manager, ensure processes and documents follow donor requirements regarding fleet, procurement, inventory, and asset management.
- Read the OH related to all SC functions and complete all relevant Dynamics modules
- Filing of procurement and logistics documents
- Archiving of documents Overall purpose of the role:
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 2 years of related experience; (1) of which in managing assets and fleet
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Logistics/Business Administration or related.
- CILT/ CIPS certification is an added advantage
- Experience of similar services in reputable public organization/NGO
- Excellent computer skills and ERP knowledge a plus
- Fluent in communication and writing in English.
- Computer skills for reporting, and communication
- Contract: 6 Months contract – Salary Kes.25,000 ;Other conditions offered in accordance with DRC’s Kenyan Terms of Internship Engagement.
- Availability: 1st April 2022
- Duty station: This position is based in Nairobi Regional Office
- Reporting Line: Supply Chain Manager