Teaching Jobs In Kenya.
Hillcrest International Schools is a leading British Curriculum School located in Nairobi, Kenya, with an established status in the region’s educational sphere. It comprises three schools; Hillcrest Early Years, Hillcrest Preparatory and Hillcrest Secondary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective learning for all students through excellent teaching and delivery of well-planned and organised lessons across key stages.
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students.
- Use appropriate strategies to ensure outstanding student progress and well-being.
- Set and mark challenging class and homework according to school policy.
- Support the development of teaching materials and courses of study.
- Participate in arrangements for preparing students for public examinations and in assessing students for the purpose of such examinations.
- Liaise with parents and support staff to ensure excellent attainment.
- Support extended intervention/enrichment activities to enhance students’ learning experience.
- Manage the behaviour of students in classrooms and around the school.
- Maintain an organised and well-presented learning environment for students.
- Contributing to the maintenance of a supportive and stimulating learning environment for all students
- Support and uphold the requirements of school polices.
- Adhere to the staff code of conduct.
- Be an effective form tutor tutor.
- Be responsible for ensuring subject knowledge is developed and participate in staff training and development.
- Attend team/staff meetings and participate in open evenings.
- Participate in relevant administrative and organisational tasks.
- Degree or equivalent in relevant subject
- Qualified teacher status.
- Recent and relevant professional development.
- Post graduate qualifications in teaching subject
- Must have taught subject syllabus at both IGCSE and GCE A Level for at least 2 years
- Teaching that is good or better which impacts positively on student progress.
- A broad knowledge of relevant curriculum areas at different Key Stages including a sound understanding of assessment and monitoring.
- Experience of the use of data tracking and target setting to raise attainment and identify under performance.
- An understanding and appreciation of the value of interesting and stimulating display and other motivational materials.
- To be able to use ICT effectively.
- Leadership experience at departmental level
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent knowledge of subject.
- A commitment to and knowledge of effective strategies to maintain and raise attainment, in particular to address the differing needs which exist in the mixed ability classroom, which includes second language learners.
- An enthusiasm and commitment to teaching
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with a range of audiences.
- Proven administrative, time management and organisational skills
Personal Qualities and Experience
- A commitment to multi-cultural education, the schools vision and ethos, equal opportunities policy and practice.
- A commitment to, and understanding of the wider aspects of student development including tutoring and PSHCE.
- A willingness to initiate and participate in both cross curricular and extracurricular activities.
- The ability to establish effective and appropriate relationships with students. The ability to be a successful team member
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate well to parents, external agencies and the wider community.
- Flexible, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A reflective practitioner who responds to change positively.
- Understanding of the importance of professionalism and confidentiality.
- A commitment to being a role model for staff and students in relation to overall conduct to include the following: dress code, attendance and timekeeping.
- A corporate citizen involved in the school community and demonstrates Hillcrest’s philosophy and core values.
- Has the potential for further promotion and a commitment to career development.
How To Apply
If you possess the above requirements, fill an online form from the website and email it to [email protected] no later than 29 May, 2022N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. .
NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . .