Academic Program Manager Job, Latest Project Management Jobs Kenya,
Job Title: Academic Program Manager ,
Job Location: Nairobi,
The purpose of the Uongozi Centre is to provide a curriculum between the completion of studies at MFA (secondary school) and students embarking on further education or starting an entrepreneurial project. It should also imbue scholars with enabling skills for independence.
The programme embeds African awareness, its culturally diversity and opportunities as well as scholars’ responsibility as participants in the continent’s future development.
The curriculum consists of 3 strands: a core curriculum which all scholars follow; an Academic curriculum and entrepreneurial curriculum.
• Recruitment and selection of learners to the centre.
• Review, further development and delivery of a broad curriculum that allows young people to see the world beyond their borders and to create a unique role for themselves within it, one that marries vision, thoughts and hopes with a platform to lead on positive action.
• Development and oversight on training programmes that further the skills of teachers, school leaders, youth leaders and policy makers in education and associated industries, within MFA and beyond.
• In collaboration with the Academy faculty staff, development of a leadership curriculum in line with the vision of MFA to be run across the Academy.
• In collaboration with the Director of the UC and the Academy faculty staff, development of policies and structures for a comprehensive leadership development framework.
• Oversight of the progress of scholars in institutions of further education – monitoring their Academic progress, their emotional wellbeing and ensuring that they get the support needed in accordance with relevant policies.
• Maintenance of regular contact with the MFA Alumni Association.
• Management and extension of external partnerships relating to the UC curriculum and scholars’ progress and success of the Uongozi Centre.
• Oversight of financial planning and budgeting processes.
• Coordination of the day to day operations of the Uongozi Centre.
• Oversight of protocols for scholars’ health and safety, including safeguarding.
• Any other reasonable responsibilities.
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Education, International studies, business or project management
• A course in finance is desired/added advantage
• Demonstrable practical experience in handling budgets is a MUST
• Prior experience working with youth entrepreneurship projects/programs is desired
• Demonstrate a desire to work with young people
• Ambitious for the development of Kenya & Africa
• Have a global perspective/International experience/cross cultural experience
• Experience in leading curriculum development and design
• Experience in policy development
• Experience in a leadership position not less than 3 years
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Mentoring experience
How to apply
Please send your application to [email protected] not later than 15 th July, 2021 . stating clearly on the email subject line and on your application letter reference line, Academic program Manager.