Administration Jobs In Kenya.
Administrative Assistant at Amref International University (AMIU)
Amref International University (AMIU) was established in 2017 as a Premier Pan African University of health sciences fully owned by Amref health Africa. AMIU is founded on the experience and intellect of Amref Health Africa, which is reputed with over 60 years of quality and innovative public and community health interventions in over 30 countries in Africa.
Main purpose of the job
The Administration Assistant will provide high level, proactive, efficient, effective and confidential service in the support of the Deputy Vice Chancellor Academic and Students Affairs (DVC-ASA).
- Provide secretarial support to the DVC -ASA including management, making travel arrangements, Telephone enquiries, drafting correspondence, managing filing systems, version control of policies, contacts and record keeping
- Professional engaged in the work of AmIU and its continuing priorities through continuing understanding of the business context
- Examine material/correspondence for the DVC ASA and co-ordinate responses, acting as required and prioritizing and anticipating action required and preparing routine responses
- Ensure DVC ASA is appropriately briefed for internal and external engagements
- Act as secretary to the DVC ASA committee meetings (internal and external) working with the Chair to proactively provide timely agenda and minutes and appropriate follow up
- Utilize the AmIU information management systems, to provide reports as appropriate, including assisting with reports and data in relation to finance and student records
- To collate and analyse data, including conducting internal and sectorwide research, supported with appropriate data analysis that provides the DVC with accurate and meaningful information.
- To be the first point of contact for the DVC ASA’s office
- Manage and develop the DVC ASA’s high level external communications with local, national and internal stakeholders
- Manage the internal communication from the DVC ASA’s office
- Work with relevant AmIU offices in managing and organizing VIP visits, including lectures, graduation and liaising with marketing and communication as appropriate
- Arrange and provide hospitality for visitors
Planning and Organisation
- Manage the day to day functioning of the DVC ASA’s office
Education & Professional Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social sciences, health or related field in health science.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in supporting or working at Senior administrative roles. University experience is an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and adequate knowledge of databases
Skills, Attitudes & Competencies
- High degree of sensitivity and confidentiality
- Ability to effectively manage stakeholder relations and filtering enquiries
- Exemplary judgement and ability to work flexibly in a range of operations/strategic settings
- Quick thinker who thrives on maintaining high standards of operational effectiveness even during times of extreme high pressure
- Ability to re-prioritise and multi-task
- Strong interpersonal
- Analytical skill
- Team player
- Result oriented; report writing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Work with the DVC ASA to ensure deadlines are met, prompting action as required
- To liaise and prepare for meeting with external contacts and stakeholders and collaborative partners
- Undertake any other duties pertinent to the post that might be requested at any time
How To Apply
Application should be sent to
and have “title of the position ” in the subject line. Only attach a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant
skills and experience. Closing Date 23 May 2022
NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . .