Duty Manager Job, Current Medicine Job Vacancies,
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an Institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The Hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospital s and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa. The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services, SafeCare level 5 accreditation and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation. The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has Outreach Health
Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The Hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the following position:
REF. NO: AKHK/NUR/DM/04/22
Reporting to the Director Nursing Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating all departments’ activities
to ensure smooth running of the hospital and timely provision of safe and quality patient care. Making management decisions in
consultation with the Clinical leads (Medical and Nursing Directors) and other departmental heads as needed.
• Provide clinical and managerial support to staff in all departments while on duty.
• Ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources by evaluating workload and staffing levels; and facilitate resource
acquisition and efficient utilization in response to patient, unit and departmental needs.
• Coordinate admissions and patient placement in collaboration with finance and clinical staff.
• Facilitate discharges.
• Co-ordinate patient transfers in/ out in collaboration with the clinical team, finance, and other relevant departments.
• Monitor waiting times in outpatient departments such as A/E, Pharmacy and Diagnostic areas and make appropriate
• Facilitate off hours access to resources and supplies.
• Coordinate enquiries from the public and other external agencies including press, and consult/inform the relevant head
• Respond to and activates disaster management plan.
• Monitor bed occupancy and responds to need for beds appropriately.
• Participate in development and implementation of policies for improvement of clinical practice.
• Participate in institutional Quality improvement activities.
• Participate in Hospital coverage.
• At least a Diploma in KRCHN
• BLS certificate and other unit specific certification requirements.
• At least five years working experience in nursing practice in an acute care hospital.
• Valid Kenyan Nursing Council practice license.
• Working knowledge of a Hospital Management Information System.
• Excellent PR and Communication skills.
• Member of Nursing Professional body -NNAK
How to Apply
• Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and
reference number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected
remuneration to [email protected] on or before 21st April 2022.
The email subject line MUST include position title and ref. number being applied for i.e., “DUTY MANAGER- REF. NO. AKHK/NUR/DM/04/22”.
• Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting and medical examination).
“Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”.