Pharmaceutical Technologist, Latest Pharmaceutical Jobs Kenya,
Outreach Clinic Prestige
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
- Receive, verify prescriptions and dispense drugs in a timely manner within approved standards and procedures.
- Contact the physician immediately for inaccuracy and illegibility in a prescription order, document errors and communicate them to the nursing and pharmacy staff
- Verify expiry dates of drugs prior to dispensing medication to patients/customers.
- Check that every label placed on the medications contains the correct patient name, drug, quantity and directions.
- Compound extemporaneous preparations and mix certain intravenous medications as per laid down procedures.
- Counsel patients on drug administration and use of devices for optimum wellness and recovery.
- Receive, return and update drug credits on the system in a timely manner.
- Deliver drug discharges to patients in the ward where applicable
- Communicate out of stock and non-stock effectively and timely to prescriber and nurse and provide alternative choices or make arrangements to order promptly.
- Comply and observe the environmental health and safety measures and regulations by proper handling, storage, and dispensation of medications
- Record, monitor, and update the expiry list of medications in a timely manner.
- Complete documentation of Interventions, Medication errors and Near Miss, Adverse events, Medication queries, Patient complaints, or any other incidents and forward to the relevant office
- Perform random medication checks daily and Monitor variance levels in your respective satellites.
- Compile daily satellite reports.
- Carry out regular satellite stock-take exercises.
- Report any special indicators allocated.
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution
- Registered with The Kenya Pharmaceutical Association
- Practicing License from the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- 1-year working experience in a busy facility, preferably a hospital
- Heart Saver Certification.
- Computer literate.
How To Apply