AKU Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
The Security Manager will be responsible for the management of safety and security within the Institution including enforcing fire safety, safety and security legislation through risk based assessment working with other relevant partners to achieve a safe working environment.
- Ensure the regular inspection of Fire equipment and participate in safety committees e.g. OSHA, FMS (JCIA).
- Develop and implement the fire plan, emergency and disaster plan.
- Carry out regular safety audits.
- Manage outsourced security provider and ensure adequate security for all Institution events.
- Carry out in-house investigations as required and regular security audits.
- Liaise with local authorities on security matters.
- Review daily and quarterly security reports and give recommendations relating to improved security and ensure implementation of the same.
- Communicate security alerts to the entire Institution.
- Ensure provision of security escort to all high-level guests.
- Perform regular drills on fire, child abduction, workplace violence.
- Provide a report on the same to the management including improved safety and security recommendations.
- Ensure all security systems in the control room are operational.
- Set goals and objectives of the department and monitor departmental performance.
- Conduct annual appraisals and identify staff training needs.
- Participate in employee orientation programmes as a trainer on safety and security.
- Give lectures to faculty and staff on security matters and organize fire and safety training.
- Organize other trainings on safety and security matters.
- Participate in disciplinary hearings and give recommendations on disciplinary cases.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field.
- Demonstrable training in forensic investigations.
- Demonstrable senior security management training.
- A minimum of 8 (eight) years’ experience in safety and security.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of ISO systems is an added advantage
- Proactive and flexible person.
How to Apply