Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
The radiographer will p rovide effective radiographic services within the laid down standards, operating policies and procedures with the aim of achieving images of high quality diagnostic value.
- Ensure adequate and correct information is given to patients regarding procedures.
- Identify patients correctly using the stipulated policy for patients’ identification before start of procedure.
- Ensure all safety measures are in place to eliminate any risk of injury to patients.
- Ensure safety for the patients and the machine through adequate preparation of patients and daily equipment quality performance check.
- Monitor the patients’ condition throughout procedures.
- Liaise with doctors and other medical staff to clarify ambiguous radiology requests to prevent service anomalies.
- Perform high quality radiological examinations as per stipulated policy and procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure that all exams done are sent to PACS for reporting.
- Ensure that all the radiation safety measures are put in place to protect the patients, staff and public from unnecessary exposure to ionizing radiation.
- Provide hands on training and keep training records for other radiographers assigned to him/her for training.
- Document and report all the faults on the machines to recommended authorities.
- Embrace modern technology, techniques and skills in providing radiological services through continuous trainings.
- Ensure compliance with infection control practices.
- Ensure proper and accurate records of, environment and downtime of radiological equipment.
- Develop proposals on how to improve the quality of services provided and volumes.
- Ensure timely availability of images to facilitate timely reporting and dispatch of reports.
- Ensure that the correct billing is carried out to avoid revenue loss for those urgent exams done before billing by returning request cards to front office desk.
- Participate in relevant hospital and departmental quality initiatives by attending trainings, assisting in implementation and ensuring compliance.
- Perform any other duties within the professional circuit as may be assigned from time to time.
- Provide periodic reports as and when required.
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences or Equivalent.
- Registration with Radiation Protection Board of Kenya.
- Basic Life Support Certification.
- Minimum 1 years’ work experience in a busy and established Radiology department.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and commendable customer service skills.
- Proactive team player.
How to Apply