The Academic Model Providing Access To Health Care (AMPATH) is a project under the auspices of Moi University School of Medicine, Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH) and Consortium of North American Universities whose aim is to provide sustainable efforts in access to health care and to conduct Reseach and Training. AMPATH also supports the Ministry of Health in ten (10) Counties of Western Kenya Region.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the following vacant position under Population Health to be based at AMPATH, MTRH.
Position: Senior Livelihoods Development Officer II
Site: AMPATH, MTRH.
Reporting to the Principal Investigator through Study Coordinator, the successful candidate will perform duties which include but not limited to the following:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Receive referrals, identify gaps and needs and give appropriate intervention, Document the interventions.
- Initiate formation, guide and monitor the growth of community groups (Cooperatives, community based organization, self-Help Groups, Group integrated saving for Health Empowerment, etc.)
- Identify, recruit, train and monitor group empowerment service providers (GESPS)
- Conduct field visits as a follow-up on the referrals and provide linkage mechanism of joining community groups (cooperatives, CBOs, SHGs, GISHE, etc.) as may be appropriate
- Link members of the community (individual or as group) to partners and other service providers as may be appropriate.
- Carryout group–specific capacity assessment, develop a work plan and coordinate implementation of the group work plan.
- Develop training schedules and conduct training.
- Identify and develop alternative livelihood interventions and new agribusiness opportunities
- Establish in partnership with the county government and private extension an effective livelihoods and agribusiness model to small holder farmers
- Conduct stakeholder identification and analysis in the identified value chains and coordinate engagement with the community groups.
- Write grants to mobilize increased funding for the program
- Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual work plans and budgets to be approved by the PI
- Document success stories; lessons learnt and best practices on livelihoods improvement.
- Collect, Compile reports and submit within specifies datelines
- Strong farmer mobilization skills
- Demonstrate ability to design and implement strategies aimed at improving institutional capacity building to key partner institutions
- Knowledge and experience working with developing private/public partnerships at the county level
Dimensions to the role:
- Lead the social protection goals for the population health program by promoting the uptake of health insurance and health service among AMPATH groups (40%)
- Provide linkages to partners and county government extension services in the area (20%)
- Promote the development and sustenance of microfinance groups (20%)
- Writing grants to attract additional funding (10%)
- Administrative roles (10%)
The ideal candidates should have:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture related field, cooperative management, entrepreneurship, Business Administration, Rural Development, Business Development, Project
- Management or related field from recognized university.
- Must have served for at least three (3 years in management position)
- Experience with donor –funded projects is an added advantage.
- Significant experience building public/private partnerships.
- Strategic, planning and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office.
Terms of Employment
The successful candidate will be employed on contract terms, beginning with a three-month probation.
Candidates who meet these requirements and are interested should submit their applications, copies of their certificate together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, addressed to:
AMPATH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, CARE
AMPATH, CENTRE (1ST ROOM 101)
P.O. Box 4606 – 30100
or emailed to [email protected]
Applications material clearly labelled “Application for employment as a Senior Livelihoods Development Officer II – must be sent so as to be received at the above office by 31st March, 2021.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED