Anesthetist Job, Latest Medical Jobs,
We are searching for Kenya’s smartest and most caring Anaesthetist who want to become amazing all-around evidence-based providers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Meeting patients before their procedure to conduct pre-operative examinations (which includes measuring weight, height, fluid levels etc).
- Determining appropriate anaesthetic or sedation for patient based on pre-operative examination and prior medical history.
- Explaining anaesthetic process to patients and re-assuring them before they are led into the operating theatre under their supervision.
- Administering appropriate type of anaesthesia (local, regional, general or sedation) to patients via a variety of methods including inhalation or intravenous injection.
- Recording vital details, including type of anaesthesia administered, dosage, method of administration and patient’s condition.
- Positioning patients on operating tables, ensuring they are warm and comfortable.
- Monitoring patients throughout their medical procedure and dealing immediately with any problems that arise.
- Safely waking patients from their procedure whilst maintaining appropriate levels of pain killer/sedation without causing unnecessary nausea and side-effects.
- Working co-operatively with other medical professions, including surgeons and theatre nurses to manage patients from end-to-end and deal with chronic pain complaints etc.
- Anaesthetist jobs may also involve training medical students and fellow medical professionals on patient care related to the administration of anaesthetic agents.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery/ Nursing
- Higher diploma in Anaesthesia
- Registered by relevant body
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience.
How To Apply
Send your Application letter and CV and state how your experience matches the specifications
via Email: [email protected] on or before 15th April, 2021.