The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya.
APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
The APHRC seeks to recruit a Research Officer to work in the Maternal and Child Wellbeing Unit within the Research Division.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Participate in the recruitment, training and supervision of field interviewers;
- Training of field interviewers for quantitative and qualitative data collection;
- Conduct day to day project activities in ensuring timely implementation of field operations, including ensuring that field staff have the necessary supplies for the execution of the project;
- Prepare weekly reports on data collection activities;
- Participate in data review and analysis;
- Liaise with stakeholders on the ground concerning project activities; and
- Assist the research team in other project-related activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science-related field or public health.
- Proven experience in conducting household surveys and or qualitative data collection in arid and semi-arid areas.
- Experience in visual methodologies will be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy in MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Ability to analyze qualitative data and or quantitative data is desirable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal https://aphrc.org/vacancies/ by March 05, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; shortlisted candidates will be required to have a Police Clearance Certificate. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons.