Assistant Chief Internal Auditor Job, Audit Jobs In Kenya 2020,
The scope of the Assistant Chief Internal Auditor will encompass the examination and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the organizational governance, risk management process, system of internal control structure, and the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities so as to achieve the organizational stated goals and objectives. The successful candidate shall be responsible for the following specific roles:
- Determining the scope of internal audit work, and for recommending the action to be taken on the outcome of findings from their work.
- Reviewing the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and the means used to identify measure, classify, and report such information.
- Reviewing the systems established to ensure compliance with those policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations which could have a significant impact on operations and reports and whether the organization is in compliance.
- Reviewing the means of safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verifying the existence of such assets.
- Reviewing and appraising the economy and efficiency with which resources are employed.
- Reviewing operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
- Reviewing specific operations at the request of the committee or Equivalent or Board, as appropriate.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the organizational risk management system.
- To ensure that the board and management and other relevant stakeholders are fully and regularly informed of the outcomes of internal audit’s work.
- To facilitate the work of external auditors by providing them with the information they may require i.e. annual audit work plans, management letters, system documentation, and any other necessary information.
- Internal Audit is also responsible for conducting their work in accordance with the standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit established by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- The Internal Audit Department will be responsible for appropriate follow-up on engagement findings and recommendations. All significant findings will remain in an open issues file until cleared.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time by the Management.
For appointment to this position, an applicant must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Active member of ICPAK or IIA
- Must have served as an Auditor or similar position for three (3) years.
- Computer skills in audit software
- Ability to demonstrate good auditing skills and capacity to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and general communication skills.
- Experience in working within a Hospital set up will be an added advantage.
Terms of Employment
The successful candidate will be employed on a one year contract terms.
How To Apply
Candidates who meet these requirements and are interested should submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and must include details of their current remuneration to:
The Chairman, Fountain Healthcare Limited, P.O Box 5819 – 30100, Eldoret. Or [email protected] Applications must be received on or before 13th November, 2020.
- Those applying for nursing position should specify the facility of interest.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED