DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: KUCCPS
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
The National Gender and Equality Commission (NGEC) is a Constitutional Commission established by the National Gender and Equality Commission Act, 2011. The key functions of the Commission include promotion of gender equality and freedom from discrimination in accordance with Article 27 of the Constitution.
- Have served as a Finance officer or a Senior Accountant for a minimum period of eight (8) years, three (3) years of which should have been as head of finance/accounts department in a large organization.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines; Economics, Commerce (Finance/Accounts Option), Business Administration (Finance/Accounts Option) or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Possess a Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines; Economics, Commerce (Finance/Accounts Option), Business Administration (Finance/Accounts Option) or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Be a member in good standing with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- Possess a certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution;
- Be conversant with Public Financial Management laws and regulations;
- Be conversant with computerized systems of budget making and monitoring;
- Have demonstrable professional competence, managerial and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results.
Note: Knowledge and experience in use of the Integrated Financial Management Information Systems (IFMIS) is an added advantage.
The officer will be responsible to the Director Corporate Services for the Financial, Accounting and Planning department.
- Development and Maintenance of effective financial management and control systems;
- Coordination of budget planning and implementation;
- Advising on risk assessment and management of the budget;
- Formulating, recommending and implementing sound financial management policies, standards, systems, strategies and procedures at the Commission;
- Providing advisory services to the Commission with regard to financial matters;
- Overseeing accounting activities for improvement and enforcement of internal controls in the Commission;
- Providing advisory services to the Commission Secretary and other stakeholders on accounting matters;
- Providing advisory services to the Commission with regard to resource mobilization and investment;
- Coordinating budget planning, preparation and implementation in the Commission.
- Ensuring prudent, effective and efficient financial management and delivery of financial services;
- Overseeing revenue collection, commitment of funds and expenditure;
- Preparation of financial reports;
- Ensuring timely issuance of Authority to Incur Expenditure (AIE); and
- Liaising with the Commission’s independent auditors to ensure that all financial accounts and records meet management, donor and other stakeholder requirements.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements to submit their applications clearly indicating the position applied for together with:
A detailed Curriculum Vitae, (Please indicate your county of origin);
A copy of National Identity Card
Certified copies of Academic Certificates, Transcripts, professional certificates and any other relevant supporting documents;
Applications without any of the above documents will not be processed.
All applicants should attach a copy of letter of appointment to their substantive post showing current position and salary;
Applicants should submit three (3) names of referees one of which must be the current employer and their mobile telephone and e-mail contacts.
For those interested in the Programme officer’s position, clearly indicate the prefered duty station on the subject line and on the envelop
All applications should be addressed to:
The Commisson Secretary/CEO National Gender and Equality Commission Solution Tech Building, Longonot Road, Upper Hill P O Box 27512-00506 NAIROBI
Email to: Vacancies2019@Ngeckenya.org
To reach the Commission on or before 13th May 2019.
Please Note that:
It is a criminal offence for any applicant to provide false information and documents in the job application
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
A candidate who applies online must scan and attach all the required documents.
NOTE: Clearly indicate the job reference number on the subject line and on the envelope and the preferred location where applicable. Those who will not indicate the location, their applications will not be considered
The National Gender and Equality Commission Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disabilities, Youth, People from Marginalized groups and Minority communities who meet the requirements of the advertised job are especially encouraged to apply.
The Commission does not ask for any money nor ask applicants to undergo medical examination.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and will be required to provide clearance from KRA, CID, EACC, HELB and CRB