- Company: IQVIA
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Business DevelopmentBusiness/Administration Jobs in Kenya
IQVIA, formerly Quintiles and IMS Health, Inc.,is an American multinational company serving the combined industries of health information technology and clinical research. It is a provider of biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services, focused primarily on Phase I-IV clinical trials and associated laboratory and analytical services, including consulting services. It has a network of more than 58,000 employees in more than 100 countries.As of 2017, IQVIA was reported to be one of the world’s largest contract research organizations
As an Associate Director, Biostatistics, with regional/site presence, you will manage a team of Biostatistics staff and fulfil the role of site head or functional head within a site.
You will provide direction and guidance in carrying out project assignments, interfacing with clients and other internal departments, and applying advanced statistical methods to project work.
Coupled with, serving as a resource for the department, ensuring scientific integrity in the application of statistical methodology to clinical trials and assist the Director in strategic planning and resource allocation for the department.
You will also participate as oversight across studies and/or customers including guidance on documentation and output development/review and assist the Director in proposal development, project allocation, budget projections, and client presentation, as needed.
- BSc or MSc degree in Biostatistics or related field and 10+ years’ relevant experience within the life-science industry, along with at least 2 years’ experience in managing staff
- Familiarity with complex statistical methods that apply to Phase I-IV clinical trials
- In-depth knowledge of applicable clinical research regulatory requirements, i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- Familiarity with moderately complex statistical methods that apply to applicable clinical trials
- Strong working knowledge of SAS
- Working knowledge of relevant Data Standards (such as CDISC/ADaM)
From camaraderie to professional development, working at IQVIA provides unique opportunities to advance your career alongside a group of diverse and talented colleagues.
What is in it for you?
- Global exposure
- Variety of therapeutic areas
- Collaborative and supportive team environment
- Access to cutting-edge in-house technology
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- Work-Life Balance