Speech & Language Therapist Job, Current Kenyan Teaching Jobs,
JOB TITLE: SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPIST
Overview of the Position
Our Client in the education sector is seeking to hire a flexible, resourceful Speech Therapist who will facilitate in the treatment of speech and language disorders such as stammers, stutters, tourettes and mutism. Responsibilities include performing learner assessments, developing individual treatment plans, liaising with teachers, family members, and other healthcare professionals, administering therapy and monitoring progress, and ensuring learners and their families are informed of new treatments and therapy techniques.
- Undertaking assessments
- Planning and providing appropriate treatment
- Giving advice and support to patients, family members and teachers
- Writing reports
- Maintaining records and case notes
- Liaising with doctors, physiotherapists, teachers, family members and care givers.
- Performing controlled therapy sessions with individual learners, groups and/or families.
- A Degree or Diploma accredited by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) is required.
- Have relevant license and certification.
- Experience with certain disorders and age groups may be required.
- Sound understanding of speech-related disorders and treatments.
- Familiarity with database management software.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to conduct research and travel to conferences.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs and application letters to [email protected] with the subject ‘Speech and Language Therapist’ by 19 th October 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.