Head Chef Job, Latest Hotel Jobs Kenya,
Our client in the hospitality industry is looking to fill in the above position, to be based in Nairobi.
The Head Chef will be responsible for managing and overseeing all the duties in the kitchen, maintaining food standards and ensure consistency of all kitchen activities.
- Collaborate with other members of management staff to plan and develop recipes and menus
- Determine how food should be presented.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Instruct cooks in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food cost.
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Meet with customers and F&B supervisors to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and banquets.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Degree in culinary arts from a reputable institution.
- Must have a current medical certificate (Health Certificate)
- Able to read and write
- Must have previous experience in the same area; minimum 3yrs
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Physical endurance to stand for an entire shift
- Must be flexible with shift times and place of work
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV and application letter quoting their expected salary to [email protected] . This is an urgent position and will remain open until it’s filled. Only qualified candidates should apply.