The job holder will be responsible for assessing the eligibility of applicants to obtain medical cover and scheme administration for those already on medical cover.
The role will report to the Supervisor, Medical Underwriting.
- Apply standard rates, calculate premiums, and underwrite new business, renewals, endorsements, and cancellations
- Generations of renewal letters and follow up
- Prepare premium invoices / Debit Notes
- Preparation of Premium Credit Notes
- Preparation of member guides.
- Generate utilization reports, member statements, and loss ratio trends
- Timely preparation of quotations within set standards
- Preparing policy documents, New Business, Renewals and Endorsements
- Making invitations for scheme renewals
- Works closely with sales staff/agents, brokers to develop and maintain positive business partnerships
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Accountable to the Supervisor, Medical Claims
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments as may be necessary
- Service providers
- Bachelor’s degree (insurance option preferred)
- Four years’ experience in medical Underwriting handling in a busy insurance office
- Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII, AIIK) an added advantage
How to Apply