- Company: Hach
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
We’re focused on ensuring water quality for people around the world by making water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative. In 1933, Dr. Bruno Lange founded his company in Berlin, Germany with a vision of making water analysis simpler.
OTT Hydromet Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OTT Hydromet, a member of Hach Company, and proud Danaher company helps water and weather resource professionals generate reliable data. We go beyond simply providing solutions by partnering with our customers in designing effective answers to the challenges they encounter daily.
Proudly formed from six separate companies (OTT, Hydrolab, ADCON Telemetry, Sutron, Kipp & Zonen and Lufft), OTT Hydromet offers the combined strength and expertise of leaders in the water quality, meteorology, water quantity and telemetry fields and over 140 years of experience in environmental measurement.
Responsible for generating sales growth in the all segments – Hydrology, Meteorology and Solar of our business by working as part of a team that sells and supports all growth in this key market. Establishes professional relationships with key personnel in targeted customer accounts and strategic channel partners. Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and margin dollars.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To develop sales action plans identifying: sales objectives, sales opportunities, major customers, and regional shows to be attended during the following fiscal year
- To participate in sales activities including: customer site visits, telephone contacts, trade seminars and shows, product demonstrations and customer seminars
- Manage, coach and develop distribution’s network in Africa
- To prepare regular sales data such as forecasts and maintain customer activity files in Salesforce system
- To collect and report information on all competitive activity within the assigned territory
- Meet or exceed monthly or annual targets
- Participate fully in training sessions, meetings, skill building and professional development classes
- Cooperate with Sales team to determine essential approaches for sales
- Attend sales group meetings concerning sales targets or forecasts, reporting on market situation
- 5-10 years of direct and indirect successful selling experience in the Hydrology and Meteorology Industry
- A degree in a science related field such as Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, Engineering or equivalent is an asset.
- Thinks through and analyzes complex problems, challenges and drives to root cause. (Charts the Course)
- Prioritizes effectively, acts with speed and agility.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of customer expectations and end user needs.
- Actively participates in cross functional brainstorming sessions.
- Consistently drives high quality, on-time results.
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with peers and supervisors; works collaboratively.
- Behaves in ways that are aligned with the Danaher Standards of Conduct.
- English and French languages a must, Afrikaans would be a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit, talk and hear; the employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and smell. The employee may occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment may consist of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting and low noise levels and/or subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions while working in the field.
Employees may be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while working in the field which may include: eye and hearing protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirements of the job change. The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation.
Danaher Corporation Overview:
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.