Business Development Manager Jobs, Sales & Marketing Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi
Our client is one of the leading electronic security solutions provider in East Africa dealing with access control systems, Fire Safety Systems, CCTV, Intruder detection systems among others. They seek to hire a highly talented person in the role of Business Development Manager who will take charge of driving sales, new business channels growth as well as relationship management. This role is one of the key positions within the company and the ideal candidate should be someone with high propensity for business growth, demonstrable track record and a talented team leader.
Salary: Ksh 100,000 – 150,000 + commissions
Overview and Purpose of Position
The Business Development Manager is responsible for securing new revenue within our three strands of businesses existing portfolio of clients as well as seeking out new clients in all aspects of security i.e. electronic security, fire and safety solutions. The role is expected to have a focus on hunting new business and working towards providing security solutions to the clients. The role ensures an excellent client experience at all times and works in collaboration with the operation team to ensure smooth transition of accounts into the business. Reporting upon progress and undertaking demonstrable activity in working towards targets through alignment with agreed goals and KPI’s in retention of current clients and growth of business.
- Achieve personal sales targets by developing new business with existing and potential clients.
- Take a solutions and consultative sell approach to ensure clients’ needs are accurately met.
- Create and implement a structured plan to achieve set targets.
- Develop and implement sales strategies.
- Undertake cold calling, ensuring that the number of calls meets call targets as set by management.
- Schedule and attend client meetings, ensuring that number of meetings meets targets as set by management.
- Participate in sales campaigns to drive revenue and increase business growth.
- Actively and successfully manage the sales process: lead generation; credentials pitch; asking questions; solution pitch; negotiation; close and manage customer accounts.
- Prepare proposals and detailed costings and prepare contract documents for review by General Manager prior to negotiation with clients.
- Develop new business relationships.
- Manage and maintain a pipeline and ensure all sales administration is kept current at all times using the CRM.
- Develop, maintain and apply a high level knowledge of product portfolio of services and solutions.
- Report on sales, activity and performance as required by General Manager.
- Actively monitor market trends through personal contact with clients and industry associated meetings/events and seminars. Provide feedback to General Manager.
Delivery of outstanding client Experience
- Deliver an excellent client experience at all times, ensuring client needs are met or exceeded.
- Proactive and responsive to clients and prospective clients.
- Deliver an outstanding sales process and sales support to clients.
- Proactively develop and improve processes to service clients.
- Offer assistance and explanation when difficulties arise ensure client complaints are followed up and that satisfactory solutions obtained.
- Manage customer contact cycle completing all existing customer visits and achieving company attrition targets.
- Management and retention of customer base within all defined territories.
- Resolve clients queries immediately as per the company standards
Team leadership and collaborations
- Develop strong and effective working relationships with the sales team and all relating business teams.
- Effectively communicate client information and insights to concerned business teams.
- Ensure successful communication/works with all areas of the business.
- Accurate transfer of information from the client to concerned or relating teams.
- University degree in business or equivalent gained by experience.
- Field sales experience is desired and preferably with experience of selling service contracts in the B2B market.
- Health and Safety experience desirable.
- Experience of selling a solutions in a competitive environment required.
- Practical experience or high potential of Business Acumens.
- Full Kenyan driving licence.
- Good organisation skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Confident and assertive
- Excellent customer service skills
- Focus on results
- Able to work as part of a team and build relationships with others
How to Apply
Qualified candidates that possess relevant experience and match the criteria set above are advised to send their applications to [email protected] clearly quoting “ BDM – SECURITY SOLUTIONS” on the email subject line. Applications should be received on or before 15 th November 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.