Case Management Officer Job, NGO Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Position Title: Child Protection & Case Management Officer (National),
Department: Safe House & Case Management,
Supervisor: Case Management Coordinator,
RefuSHE protects, nurtures, educates, and empowers young refugee women and girls in East Africa through a unique holistic model that provides shelter, education, case management, counseling, childcare, legal advocacy, and vocational training. RefuSHE’s holistic program meets the imminent needs of unaccompanied, separated and orphaned refugee girls, young women, and their children.
Founded in 2008, RefuSHE is a U.S. nonprofit with headquarters in Chicago and operations in Nairobi, Kenya. It is the first and only organization dedicated to refugee girls in East Africa. Over the past twelve years, RefuSHE has grown to become a leading institution and global thought-leader in the field of refugee protection.
- Receiving and reviewing referrals and requests for service to determine eligibility to admission in GEP and Safe House as well as any other grant funded projects.
- Under supervision of case management and child protection coordinator, determine the need for and recommend Safe House as well as any other grant funded projects
- Gathering thorough information and conduct an assessment of the immediate safety of the children at the point of first contact; intervening in risk situations and initiating immediate protection action
- Initiating and facilitating the referral for services provision from other agencies /organizations consistent with the proposed service plan
- Strictly adhere and implement Safe House SOPs and other regulatory requirements as stipulated within the CCI registration admission of children to GEP and Safe House
- Completing requirements for court hearings with support of legal advocacy manager if and where the law may require including preparing evidence materials.
- Preparing and ensuring accurate, thorough and timely recording of case information including case notes, modules, reports, family case histories, correspondence, and legal forms, as required by the UNHCR, RAS and RefuSHE
- Initiating a relationship with the child and the foster family to facilitate an accurate and thorough assessment of the protection issues and individual case needs
- Initiating Best Interest Processes for each individual case through conducting BIAs, BIDs, making arrangement for alternative care, family tracing/reunification, undertake home visits as well as recommending case management support
- Implementing the service plan with the child and family (foster) including appropriate management of the therapeutic relationship, providing counseling.
- Assessing physical, mental, emotional and social needs of each child in the organization programs, and establishes a trust relationship in order to support and facilitate the child’s growth and development
- Developing and implementing appropriate short and long term plans of care for the child based on the results of the needs assessment
- Any other lawful duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree in Social Sciences/Social Work or other related studies from a recognized institution and at least 3-5 years’ work experience in implementing similar projects.
- Additional Certificate/Diploma in Nursing and background on the same is an advantage.
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Good planning and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex and diverse tasks.
- Ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment and work well in a team.
- Good understanding of case management model.
- Commitment to RK’s safeguarding and other policies on child protection.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good report writing and computer skills.
- Good command of English both oral and written.
How to apply
Your application should be sent to [email protected] indicating the position title in the email subject by close of business October 9, 2020 . It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV plus other relevant credentials.
Human Resources & Administration Manager
P.O. Box 63192-00619, Nairobi
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted