- Company: Radisson Hotel Group
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Catering Jobs in KenyaHotel / Hospitality / Restaurant Jobs in Kenya
Radisson Hotel Group is one of the world’s largest and most dynamic hotel groups with seven distinctive hotel brands with more than 1,100 hotels in destinations around the world. Our portfolio of hotel brands includes: Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson.
About the job
- Implementing / maintaining HACCP, Food Safety and Personal Hygiene Standards
- Writing food safety management system manual and standard food safety procedures as per local and internal guidelines
- Implementing systems and conducting regular checks to ensure food handlers are adhering to good food and personal hygiene practices, during food preparation with guidance and instructions from the Executive Chef.
- Carrying out internal Food Hygiene Audits in all food preparation rooms with guidance and instructions from the Executive Chef.
- Developing, implementing, reviewing and updating the food safety management system procedures, in accordance with local regulations and international standards.
- Training food handlers in Essential Food safety as per local authority standards.
- Managing day to day activities of Food Safety and maintaining Hygiene records, appropriately.
- Monitoring and verifying that food is received, handled, prepared, stored, transported and served always in a satisfactory manner, in accordance with the Food Safety & HACCP Rules & Regulations.
- Conducting supplier audits to approve food suppliers
- Guiding the internal HACCP auditors to perform inter departmental audit.
- Providing awareness training in HACCP for all food handlers
- Making food safety and HACCP training plans for food handlers
- Investigating food safety complaints, and reporting to management
- Auditing all food preparation areas and reporting findings and liaise with the concerned departments on consistent preventive / corrective actions.
- Maintaining Environment Health and Safety standards in the hotel as per local guidelines
Assessing hazards and conducting risk assessment on health and safety as per local authority standards.
- Liaising inspections and statutory requirements from the relevant Government Authorities, and External Auditors of food safety system
- Auditing on Environment Health and safety and reporting findings and liaising with the concerned departments on consistent preventive / corrective actions.
- Carrying out inventory of all Kitchen and Service area equipment or as assigned by the FC.
- Managing and leading the stewarding team
- Planning and managing restaurant and outlet buffet décor
- Assisting the Executive Chef in running back-of-the-house kitchen operations.
- Liaising with Relevant Heads of Departments to ensure that operations are running smoothly.
- Requisitioning of all kitchen and service equipment and relaying information to Finance and Purchasing Department.
- To provide guidance for food & beverage and kitchen in handling food hygiene complaints from guest
- To demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards.
- Accurately and promptly; understand, anticipate and fulfil guest requests
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
- Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers by ensuring good inter-departmental relations.
- Be able to promote the hotel products and services.
- To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Maintaining Environment Health and Safety standards in the hotel as per company guidelines
- Operate equipment using procedures learnt during training to company standards.
- To report any equipment failures or problems to the Maintenance Department.
- Demonstrate an understanding and an awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety
- To be vigilant in the workplace and report any signs of fire related issues
- Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of the line manager.
- Co ordinating both External & internal audits including supplier audits.
- Responsible for food safety documentation and trainings
- As a member of the OSHA committee, will spearhead safety & health related docket
- Ensure all First aid boxes are well stocked, items recorded and replenished on time
- Submit a monthly activity report to the Executive Chef no later than the 5th day of the following month
- To perform any other duties as assigned by management.