- Company: World Vision Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Reporting to : Project Coordinator CESP
Grade Level : 11
Work Location : Various Locations
Purpose of Position
This position is responsible for the Implementation, Monitoring and reporting of the Child Protection and Adult Safeguarding program and Advocacy interventions especially Community Voice Action (CVA) interventions within the World Vision Program Area in full compliance with World Vision Kenya, the donor and other relevant partnership & international standards and guidelines. In order to perform this role effectively, the position holder must be able to effectively communicate and demonstrate World Vision’s ethos, values and strategies as outlined in Our Promise.
Planning and Implementation 50%
- Support in the Annual, Quarterly and Monthly Project planning and budgeting for Child Protection, Adult safeguarding and Advocacy (CVA) Project activities; DIP, Budget and Log-frame.
- Lead the establishment of functional community child protection, adult safeguarding reporting and feedback mechanism and provide the necessary actions and support in a timely manner
- Uphold the standards of child protection and ensure that WVK remains a child safe organization.
- Ensure that Project Participants (Children, Parents, Caregivers,) and partners are involved in Annual and Quarterly Project Planning, and ensure that they understand their roles during Project Implementation.
- Support in the development of a detailed implementation plan, with specific targets for all child protection outputs and activities for every primary focus area within the Area Program
- Ensure that the schedule for activities is disseminated to project participants and beneficiaries in each of the primary focus areas and they are made aware of how they are to participate in each of the activities
- On a weekly, ensure that all AP staff are briefed on the specific activities to be carried out in every Primary focus with an objective of ensuring that the Child Protection activities are implemented in an integrated manner with other AP activities
- Ensure establishment of functional and active adult and child safeguarding structures in all PFAs
- Ensure establishment of vibrant community led CVA groups (Local Social Accountability framework) that drive child well-being issues across the Technical Programs
Capacity Building & Engagement with Child Protection actors 30%
- Facilitate capacity building of community based child protection structures.
- Organize forums with child protection stakeholders to strengthen reporting and referral mechanisms
- Develop and maintain a database of all Child Protection actors based within the Area Program
- Ensure weekly engagement with all Health facilities in the Area Program to obtain data and follow up on any reported cases of child pregnancies and other forms of sexual and gender based violence; and ensure appropriate referrals and linkages for children in need of care and support
- Conduct weekly engagements with the Police Stations within the Area Program to track all the reported cases of violence and violations and document the cases that require linkages and support with other institutions, and report back to the AP Manager to lead such linkages
- Conduct a weekly engagement with the offices of Assistant Chiefs and Chiefs to follow up on child protection and response actions and ensure that all reported cases of violence and violations are linked from the offices of the Chiefs to the Police Stations
- Collaborate with the office of the Assistant Chiefs and Chiefs in convening monthly Area Advisory Council (AAC) meetings at the Sub-Location and Location levels, as guided by the AAC guidelines
- Conduct weekly engagements with offices of Education Officials within the Area Program to track and follow up on child protection and response actions and ensure that all reported cases of violence and violations
- Collaborate with existing Community Based Organizations, Faith Based Organizations and the Private Sector actors within the Area Program in undertaking monitoring of service delivery for children in the schools, health facilities and other service delivery points across all the primary focus areas
- Establish functional and active adult and child safeguarding reporting and feedback mechanisms in all PFAs.
- Establish vibrant community led CVA groups (Local Social Accountability framework) that are sustainable and able to drive child well-being issues across the Technical Programs.
Project Monitoring, Reporting and Learning 15%
- Utilize the on-line Project Monitoring and Reporting Platform to capture monitoring data and in generating reports.
- Conduct child protection data collection and analysis to inform engagements.
- Support in ensuring that weekly Project updates, Monthly and Quarterly Project Reports, Including Financial Reports are developed and submitted on time in compliance with WV requirements
- Organize for and facilitate quarterly child protection reflection and learning forums that brings together participants from all the primary focus areas within the Area Program
- Participate in committee & Task forces requiring security input or guidance.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor or designee
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Diploma in Community Development/Development studies, or other related diplomas from a recognized institution.
- A degree in community development or social studies will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience involvement in implementing Child Protection, Adult Safeguarding, Advocacy and Community Voice Action related projects
- Experience in engaging communities and local partners
- Computer literate.
- Ability to ride a motorbike