POSITION: LOGISTICS AND PROCUREMENT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya. CIHEB-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable and comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Job Summary :
The Procurement and Logistics Manager reporting to Finance and Administration Director, has the primary responsibility to ensure the acquisition, supply/delivery, storage and disposal of goods and services, and logistics operations at optimum cost-effective levels in an expeditious and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinating sourcing strategies and development of supply base, providing vendor listing for the supply of goods and services.
· Constantly research to broaden and ensure a vendor base that is reliable and competitive.
· Preparation, review and clearance of documentation (evaluations, requests for awards, purchase orders and contracts for services)
· Manage logistics operations, including, vehicles, material and personnel and ensure efficient and timely delivery of service.
· Liaising with Finance, Admin and Program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
· Provide guidance and advice to staff on policy issues related to procurement, logistics and contract issues.
· Oversee the renovation and repair works for facilities supported by CIHEB K to ensure best value for money and delivery of quality.
· Prepare weekly and monthly procurement reports.
· Ensure compliance of procurement activities with both CIHEB Kand funder Standard operating Procedures. **
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree and a diploma in purchasing and supplies management, MCIPS, MKISM.
· 7 years’ experience in managing logistics and procurement.
· Knowledge of International funding agencies procurement procedures and familiarity with commodity management tracking systems will be an asset
· Good organization, interpersonal, negotiation and high level of computer skills, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to [email protected] on or before 24 th September 2021 . Applicants are advised to include the title “**LOGISTICS AND PROCUREMENT MANAGER**” on the subject line also indicating preferred location. **
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.