Nurse Job, Nursing Kenyan Jobs 2021,
Place of work: City Eye Hospital- Main or any other branches or vision centers as may be assigned
Reporting to: Unit Nurse In- Charge Seniority Level Middle
Main Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the respective Unit Nurse In- Charge, the incumbent shall be tasked to provide high quality nursing care to patients while upholding City Eye Hospital’s standards of excellence in customer service.
- Taking Visual Acuity and Intraocular Pressures of patients while entering accurate recordings of the same in the patient’s file.
- Taking vital signs and recording findings into the patient’s files.
- Assisting clinicians and doctors during patient examination, screening and eye procedures.
- Scrubbing and circulating for various surgical cases in the eye theatre.
- Taking care of patients in the wards.
- Performing Eye Examination scans on the patients i.e. OCT, Visual Field, Corneal Topography, biometry and fundus photo.
- Offering pre-operative, intra-operative and post- operative care.
- Stocking exam, procedure and theatre rooms with prerequisite supplies and equipment.
- Eye irrigation, swabbing and applying eye pads.
- Cleaning and sterilizing medical instruments and tools before and after use.
- Administering and dispensing prescribed treatment to patients.
- Patients education and booking patients for various procedures
- Examine and triage eye patients, recording findings and suggested treatment in the main hospital, it branches or during outreach medical camps.
- Preparing and submitting accurate/ timely management reports
- Take part in company projects and carry out any other tasks that may be assigned to them by their Line
- Manager and/ or any other person placed in authority over them.
- Valid nursing council of Kenya license
- KRCHN/ KRN certificate from a recognized institution
- Higher diploma in ophthalmic nursing will be an added advantage
- Certificate of BLS will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years working experience in a busy hospital/clinic Environment
- Eye hospital working experience will be an added advantage
Key Skills and Competencies Required
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional Communication and Customer Care skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to make their applications through [email protected] with the subject being “Nurse – CEH/HR/REC/031/2021’’ . Applications should reach us not later than 3 rd December 2021.
The application must include;
- An up-to-date CV, not more than 4 pages long, with the current and expected remuneration indicated in the CV.
- A one-page document in PDF format explaining how their personality aligns to the core values of City Eye Hospital.
Persons with an interest in a career in eye care and those from a needy back ground are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to grant you a great applicant’s experience, and we do not discriminate against gender, religion, marital status or any other diversities. All applications shall be accorded due consideration but due to the high volume of the same that we receive, we shall only be able to contact the shortlisted candidates. Applicants who fail to adhere to the application criteria indicated and do not meet the qualifications highlighted shall automatically be disqualified
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.