City Eye Hospital
Job Vacancy: Procurement Assistant
Place of work: City Eye Hospital – Nyeri Branch
Reporting to: Finance Manager
No. of Vacancies: 1
Our Ref: CEH/HR/REC/016/2022
Terms of Engagement: Permanent
About Us: City Eye Hospital is a social venture that provides quality and affordable eye care to people living in Kenya and is a member of the ACCESS eye hospital network in Sub-Saharan Africa. We are a dedicated, dynamic, and experienced team of eye care professionals.
We are looking forward to onboard top and unique talent to support our venture of offering unmatched eye care services in line with our core values; God, People and Excellence.
We have exciting career opportunities as detailed above.
Main Purpose of the Role: Reporting to the Finance Manager, the incumbent will be tasked to offer assistance to the procurement team at the base hospital in carrying out all the inventory management functions at the assigned branch.
- Receiving and verifying requisitions from internal departments at the branch.
- Issuing of supplies to internal end users.
- Participating in internal stock taking exercises for the different departments.
- Maintaining the supplies inventory and tracking whether quantities are sufficient for needs,
- Coordinating the requisition and receiving of inventory items from the base hospital
- Liaising with the local suppliers and responding to inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Cleaning and arranging the procurement store and ensuring it is always secured.
- Assisting the procurement team at the base hospital in sourcing for local suppliers and negotiating for prices.
- Ensuring the procurement related documents are filed and safeguarded as per SOPs.
- Take part in company projects and carry out any other tasks that may be assigned to you by your Line Manager and/ or any other person placed in authority over you.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Degree in business administration specialized in Procurement or Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Candidates with completed or ongoing CPSP certification shall have an added advantage
- A member in good standing of Procurement professions regulatory body (KISM)
- Must be available to on- board immediately.
Key Skills and Competencies Required
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional Communication and Customer Care skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
Interested and qualified candidates to make their applications through [email protected] with the subject being “Procurement Assistant (Nyeri) – CEH/HR/REC/016/2022’’.
This should reach us on or before 17th July 2022.
The application must include;
- An up-to-date CV, not more than 4 pages long, with the current and expected remuneration indicated in the CV.
- A one-page document in PDF format explaining how their personality aligns to the core values of City Eye Hospital.
We are committed to grant you a great applicant’s experience, and we do not discriminate against gender, religion, marital status or any other diversities.
All applications shall be accorded due consideration but due to the high volume of the same that we receive, we shall only be able to contact the shortlisted candidates.
Applicants who fail to adhere to the application criteria indicated and do not meet the qualifications highlighted shall automatically be disqualified.