Clinical Officer Job, Medical Jobs In Kenya 2020,
The CDN Health department wishes to recruit a highly motivated, competent, honest and remarkably talented Clinical Officer – Anesthetist with an experience in a busy hospital/ theatre.
The Clinical Officer – Anesthetist will work with other staff to maintain high clinical standards and actively promote quality health care delivery and smooth running of the hospital and to provide care to patients in the Operating Theatre and to any other patients in the hospital who require acute medical intervention that can be provided by a Clinical Officer – Anesthetist :
- To review patients before and after surgery on a regular basis in accordance with the plan of care made at the beginning of the shift and informs the hospital administrator and the medical officer in charge of any issues or problems.
- To cover theatre anesthetic duties as assigned and to attend to emergencies when they occur.
- To respond to any adverse occurrences e.g. injuries, falls, sudden illnesses etc, suffered by patients, visitors or staff.
- To contribute to quality improvement; risk management initiatives and policy development so that the overall Anesthesia Service is of the highest quality and reflective of best practice.
- Responsible for carrying out clinical activities when called upon by the hospital management which include medical history taking, physical exam, diagnosing, prescribing, counseling and ensure holistic care of patients.
- Examine and recommend referral of complicated cases for specialized services to the medical officer in charge.
- Must have a Bachelors Degree/ Diploma in clinical medicine and surgery from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered by the clinical officer council.
- PMTC or EMTC training is a must.
- Emergency preparedness management is an added advantage.
- Must have a Higher Diploma in Anesthesia.
- Should have a minimum of 2 years experience as an Anesthetist.
- Must have professional indemnity.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed CV, and cover letter only to – [email protected] so as to be received by 10 th October 2020. Applicants MUST indicate Current & Expected consolidated salary in their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Catholic Diocese of Nakuru is an equal opportunity employer