- Company: Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Procurement Jobs in Kenya
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is an international organization driven by the vision of a world without malnutrition. OUR METHODOLOGY / At GAIN, we believe that no one sector alone can solve the complex problem of malnutrition. We work closely with partners including governments, civil society, businesses, UN agencies, and academic institutions to develop programs that deliver large-scale and locally relevant solutions to malnutrition in more than 30 countries. In recent years we have expanded our approach to reach those on the margins of society, who are often the most excluded, vulnerable and severely malnourished, such as the Dalit community in India who experience oppression because of their caste; adolescent girls; and families affected by emergencies
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a seeking a Cluster Lead to provide strategic direction and global leadership of the the Supply Chain for Nutritious Foods programme.
This position is based in the GAIN London, Utretch, Nairobi or Ethiopia offices and is offered on a permanent basis (subject to funding).
About the role
Under the technical and managerial oversight of the Director, Program Services, The Cluster Leads will work closely with their direct staff (Programme Leads and Project Managers), country teams, Policy & External Relations, Knowledge Leadership, and Finance.
They will provide strategic leadership and managerial support to Programme Leads and coordinate technical support to GAIN country office programmes. In addition to this, they will hold a key outward-facing role as GAIN ambassadors to partners, donors and beneficiaries, representing excellence in GAIN programming. They will help to galvanise donor support and provide a critical link between country operations and programming on resource mobilisation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic direction in the areas of business planning, technical guidance, project design, and staff management for GAIN’s Supply Chain for Nutritious programme
- Fostering strategic relationships and identifying technical networks
- Raise new funding for GAIN’s programs (including SUN Business Network) and promote GAIN’s reputation with donors
- Provide technical support on major bids for multi-country / multi-sectoral proposals and strategic donors
- Support development of good practice material, its dissemination and a visibility plan for GAIN’s programmes
- Provide guidance to GAIN country teams on strategy, state of the field, and positioning of GAIN
- Line management of direct reports and support the recruitment of key technical staff in both programme and support offices
The successful candidate will have strong managerial skills in (people and project management), alongside outstanding communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environments.
The ideal candidate will be flexible with the ability to travel and will have a strong track record of problem-solving and identifying creative solutions to complex issues.
Experience required includes;
- Experience in designing and managing programmes that support large numbers of SMEs (small- and medium-sized enterprises) in low- and middle-income countries
- Experience with programmes that provide technical and financial support to private-sector companies. Understanding of business, investment, and impact investing an advantage
- Experience negotiating with governments of LMICs
- Successful track record of designing and managing multi-million-dollar, donor-funded projects
- Strong track record in resource mobilization
About our offer
Starting salary for this role is listed per location below;
London, United Kingdom : 53,425 – 57,241 GBP per annum (depending on experience)
Nairobi, Kenya: 4,833,109 – 5,523,553 KES per annum (depending on experience)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: 1,167,523 – 1,334,816 ETB per annum (depending on experience)
Utrecht, Netherlands: 65,713 – 70,406 EUR per annum (depending on experience)
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link. Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in their country of application.