- Company: Kenya Red Cross Society
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - Kenya Red Cross Society Jobs in KenyaProcurement Jobs in KenyaStore-keeping Jobs in Kenya
Kenya Red Cross is one of the many International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement societies around the world. The Kenya organisation was established in 1965, The Kenya Red Cross supports and runs a number of projects whilst raising awareness to the Kenyan public about the current issues or problems which may affect them.
Reporting to the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, the Commodity Management Officer will be responsible for leading and managing procurement plan, execution, receipt, storage, dispatch, quality assurance, distribution monitoring, documentation, accounting and reporting of commodities for Global Fund program. S/He will be responsible for coordinating beneficiary-centeredness, accountability, process efficiency and waste reduction in the program. S/He will coordinate the program stakeholders within the Program operation area.
- Develop and execute a procurement plan for all commodities and supplies in the program.
- Ensure proper management of all commodities stored in various warehouses to ensure safe, orderly, clean and vermin-free storage.
- Ensure inventory control is maintained and conducted at least biweekly physical inventories at all distribution points to ensure that losses are controlled in storage.
- Track all commodities from point of origin to destination, counting all commodities received and comparing counts to waybills and other legal documents.
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and in place to ensure the timely delivery of the required commodities at each distribution sites.
- Monitor commodity volumes while optimizing inventory lead time and timely regular reporting in all service points as well as maintaining adequate commodity/stock levels, and reorder levels.
- Routinely review and report on availability of NSP kits, PPEs and other commodities to the team and advice for timely actions.
- Ensure complete lists of all program beneficiaries, including types, quantities and dates of ratios received by each and reconcile with original consignments are properly maintained.
- Manage different distribution points to verify actual distribution according to the intentions/needs of the program.
- Produce the required monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual commodity reports for sharing with the different stakeholders.
- Ensure proper disposal of damaged or expired commodities damages, documenting such losses and verifying their disposal according to the procedures or expectations of the program.
- Work with team to develop and implement new technologies to improve operational performance.
- Liaise with NASCOP, KEMSA and other relevant partners to ensure that the supply chain is stable with no risk of supply chain breaking down.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor degree in Supply chain management, business administration, warehousing, health or any related degree from a recognized University.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in health commodities programming and logistics, preferably comprehensive HIV and AIDs programming, busy Key population setting.
- Past experience preferably with a busy NGO in handling of commodity tracking/accountability.
- Knowledge of major donor regulations pertaining to commodities accountability and reporting.
- Must be experience in dispatch and logistics planning, warehousing, storekeeping, bookkeeping and computer knowledge especially spreadsheets and commodity tracking systems or statistics packages.
- Must have good Knowledge in computer packages and basic analysis skills especially with Ms Access, Excel and Word.
- Must have excellent planning, organizing, implementing and interpersonal skills
- Should be a problem solver and have good analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively rapport and relate to donors, NGOs and counterparts.
- Strong report writing and team working skills.