DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Kenya
Under close supervision, an intern will perform entry level professional duties of moderate difficulty providing the opportunity for professional training in various functional areas throughout the company. Performs assigned duties to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for successful performance. May perform duties such as gathering and organizing data to provide information for departmental special projects or reports; basic arithmetic computations; assist in preparing written reports; accompany professional level employees on assignments; conduct interviews with clients or internal personnel to obtain basic information for departmental use; contacts other departments or outside agencies by phone to request or give information and other related duties as assigned. Assignments serve to offer practical experience and broad exposure to the company’s organizational structure. Utilizes current company-wide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Note: Specific activities vary by assignment. A wide range of college majors are considered based on specific needs of department such as: Psychology, Social Work, Criminal Justice, Finance, Business Administration, Human Resources, Public Health, Purchasing, Public Administration, Community Development and Communications.
- Analyzes, generates and maintains records and other reference material necessary for departmental use.
- Answers and makes phone calls, responds to program related questions and sends written material as appropriate.
- Composes, types and prints reports, general letters, spreadsheets, e-mail, and memoranda from rough drafts or general instructions, involving the assembly of data from computer and paper file or record sources.
- Applies research techniques and analytical methods to the study of administrative systems, organizational structures, policies and procedures.
- Conducts special studies in conjunction with a project, analyzes data and makes recommendations based upon studies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates basic understanding of the area of specialization, of program procedures, methods, and practices to include knowledge of program and staff responsibilities.
- Uses established filing and data systems, functions, and/or procedures that require knowledge of the program.
- Reviews data and information for completeness and accuracy using standard guidelines; performs tasks with attention to detail.
- Understands software used to perform day-to-day functions.
- Uses basic office software programs, information systems, and office equipment to access, input, and verify standard information.
- Communicates information clearly to staff, clients, and/or public about services, processes, and procedures using prescribed or established guidelines.
- Utilizes program specific terminology.
- Gathers readily available information from office records to drafts e-mails, memos and other documents.
- Proofreads documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and basic formatting.
- Provides answers to requests for general information.
- Records and documents information accurately.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of moderate scope that require analysis and evaluation of identifiable factors and interpretation of the situation.
- Exercises judgment within defined and existing practices to determine specific work methods for obtaining results.
- Decisions may affect a work unit or area within a department.
- Close supervision involving detailed instructions and frequent monitoring of work performance.
- Contacts are primarily within immediate work unit.
- Contacts involve obtaining or providing information requiring little explanation or interpretation
- Contributes to business and departmental functions to achieve goals and acquire work experience.
- Receives general instructions on assignments and work is reviewed for accuracy and completion.
- Typically reports to a Manager.
- Associate’s Degree or its International Equivalent in a Related Field.
- Typically requires 0-2 years of college experience in a related field of study.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Ability to speak a foreign language is a plus.
- Prior work experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO).
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
- Less than 10%
How to ApplySubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here