Community Oral Health Officer Job, Medical Jobs 2020,
The position is responsible for providing dental treatment and hygiene to prevent dental decay by examining, treating, cleaning patients’ teeth and providing education on how to care for teeth and gums, and the effects of diet on oral health. The successful candidate will be working with the dentist.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment
- Prepare treatment rooms, instruments and tray setups for dental procedures
- Conduct authorized dental procedures including cleaning and scaling
- Maintain high quality oral health by providing oral health education, screening, preventive and clinical dental services and referrals.
- Record medical and dental history of dental patients
- Ensure availability of instruments, supplies and equipment for the department
- Diagnose and treat common dental conditions and refer to dentist for further review
- Analyze patients dental x-rays, evaluate history and review dental charting
- Undertake general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and establish dental hygiene procedures
- Perform authorized dental procedures including cleaning teeth, removing plagues, replacing missing teeth, filling cavities, rebuilding of broken teeth and removing severely damaged teeth in a safe and sterile environment while providing quality dental experience during the procedure.
- Diploma in community oral health from a recognized institution
- Minimum of at least TWO YEARS of verifiable professional experience
- Registered by the Kenya Dental Technologist Board
- Good communication and professional skills
- Excellent computer skills
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send three (3) copies of their application, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and other relevant testimonials.
A) Three (3) hard copies of the application (Letter, CV, Certificates and Testimonials) should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P. O. Box 267 – 60200
and Additionally, an electronic copy of the application (Letter, CV, Certificates and Testimonials) in PDF format should be sent to:
Applicants who will be invited for the interview will be required to bring the following:
Clearance certificate from
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
- Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
To be received on or before 18th December 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All the positions above require individuals who are committed to Christian values and are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. . It's FREE