Community Wellness Coordinator Jobs, Rafiki wa Maendeleo Jobs
Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust is an organization operating in rural Rarieda District. The organization began as a grass-root CBO in 2003 to assist orphaned children and youth through community empowerment. We are currently seeking to recruit talented, progressive and team-oriented individuals to fill the position of Community Wellness Coordinator for a 2 years contract period .
Purpose Of The Position
The Community Wellness Coordinator will oversee the implementation and development of a holistic community wellness program called I READ in local 6 schools.
- Project Oversight (Assists the Programs Manager with the implementation and development of the I READ program components.
- Financial Responsibility for budgeting, cash requisitions and stores requisitions.
- Life Skills & Reproductive Health Training
- Organizes and facilitates learning events including provision of a safe place to learn and explore sensitive issues including GBV to address harmful gender stereotypes and gender related issues as well as to learn about acceptable/unacceptable behaviors.
- Liaises with school staff for mentorship and capacity building of teaching staff on GBV and related life-skills as needed.
- Identifies and builds opportunities and spaces for youth to build their own programming and social networks.
- Actively maintains the internal referral system to ensure beneficiaries are provided with maximum support from the organization’s pool of expertise or outside government/private agencies.
- Organize the projects participation in relevant internal and external activities.
- Level of education: At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development, Education or any Social Science discipline focused on Life Skills development.
- Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications: Life Skills Training, Sexual Reproductive Health Training or Project Management
Other desired competencies
- Excellent organization, time and general management, facilitation and training skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, forward thinking and creative. with ability to build harmonious relationships with the trainees, staff, and the community.
- Forward thinking and creative approaches to addressing general child and youth concerns.
- Excellent intercultural orientation as well as high integrity and confidentiality.
- Job experience: At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position with 2 years supervisory experience
Special Working Conditions
- The incumbent may periodically work long and odd hours to meet deadlines and/or respond to specific situations. Travel to the 6 local schools and other project sites in the community will be required on a regular basis.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email: (1) cover letter stating the position for which you are applying, (2) three references and (3) C.V. to: email@example.com , by 20 th September, 2019.
“ if you don’t get a response from us two weeks after the closure of this advert, kindly consider yourself unsuccessful”