- Company: African Population And Health Research Center (APHRC)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) Jobs in KenyaHealthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, and conducting policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues on the continent.
The APHRC seeks to recruit a Countdown Liaison Officer to work in the Countdown to 2030 within the Global Financing Facility (GFF) secretariat.
- To strengthen the institutional linkages between GFF and Countdown to 2030, particularly with the African technical institutions part of the Countdown collaborations.
- To facilitate active collaboration between GFF and Countdown to 2030, and uptake and use of Countdown-supported analytical outputs.
- To strengthen the ability of the GFF to accelerate a program of work aiming to support countries to routinely estimate levels, trends and equity of coverage based on analysis of all relevant data sources.
- Specific Responsibilities
- To serve as a liaison and strengthen coordination and collaboration between Countdown to
- 2030 and the GFF;
- To facilitate communication and engagement between the African technical institutions participating in Countdown and the GFF, in a manner that helps strengthen the role of incountry and regional technical institutions within the GFF country engagement model (e.g., in support of Investment Case development and monitoring, including annual review of progress and quarterly meetings to follow through on issues identified and examine and use new data that have become available in the last quarter);
- To serve as a ‘results buddy’ for specific countries within the GFF portfolio (to be chosen from among those with active Countdown engagements) to provide support to the Focal Point-led GFF country team on issues related to data and results measurement;
- To lead a technical workstream within the GFF on supporting countries to routinely estimate levels, trends and equity of coverage of priority interventions across the RMNCAH-N continuum based on analysis of all relevant data sources, in collaboration with the Countdown technical
- network; and
- To contribute to the development of the repository of analytical tools and methods that Countdown is bringing together and to support uptake and use by GFF countries for improved analysis and use of RMNCAH-N data.
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in Public Health, Maternal and Child Health Epidemiology, Population Sciences or other relevant areas; a minimum of 2 years’ post-doctoral experience.
- Strong in either quantitative or qualitative analytical skills with a good working knowledge of the other.
- Demonstrated experiences in health research, with peer-reviewed publications on the subject will be an added advantage.
- Strong writing skills and good record of publications which utilize defined analytical methodologies.
- Experience in developing proposals. Evidence of previous successful grants will be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work in a culturally diverse team.
- Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Must be fluent in French and English.