- Company: Sendy Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
At Sendy, we specialize in connecting on-demand, trusted, and transparent service providers with individuals and businesses looking to move packages. Thus, we believe it’s a natural extension of our core expertise to also connect our users to quality certified transportation providers. As of today, Sendy users can now request a package DELIVERY using a motorcycle, van, pickup, or 3 ton truck, or a passenger RIDE with a boda boda or cab – all from within the same SENDY mobile app (available on Android and iOS) and web platform. All DELIVERY and RIDE services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be paid for using cash, MPesa, or card.
The overall purpose of this job is to drive sales to new emerging social commerce accounts and manage customer relationships for the business in line with the commercial strategy. The role is responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration in the market by effectively selling Sendy services with an aim to maximize long-term revenue opportunities.
About the Role
The overall purpose of this role is to pioneer the development of an internal Credit team that supports Sendy Limited, it’s group of companies, and it’s business units to identify risks, improve SOPs and AR procedures, monitor cash position, approve credit lending, build relationships with Lenders, and support with debt fundraising and reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the production of monthly credit risk data, analytics and commentary used for quarterly earnings preparation, Investor presentations and reporting.
- Perform portfolio analysis of the Sendy’s Credit Risk exposure in support of key external reporting and reporting to senior risk management.
- Be encouraged to think creatively, challenge status quo, and deliver across a multitude of strategic objectives.
- Stay up to date on the latest Risk related news and trends across the financial services industry, markets, politics, etc. to anticipate potential impact(s) on Sendy, our loans, and our AR position.
- Prepare/maintain/review monthly financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, equity roll forward, cash flows and various management reports, ensuring accuracy and consistency with accounting standards.
- Manage the month-end close process, including review of journal entries, account reconciliations and account analyses in a timely manner
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems with the goal of maximum utility to other executive team and departmental leaders
- Serve as a key point of contact for debt fundraising and investor due diligence.
- Manage the cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Monitor debt and credit, pursue collections.
- Hands-on partner to FP&A for business planning, financial forecasting, budgets, and management reporting activities
- Lead and manage all AR activities, procedures, monitoring standard, reporting, etc with the ARs in each respective business unit and subsidiary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- 3-7 years of experience in risk and/or financial reporting. 6-10 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Understanding of credit risk (i.e. traditional credit products and counterparty risk)
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for working within a team environment as well as communicating across departments
- 2+ years of people management
- Experience in a startup or other fast-changing environment
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- BA in Business, Accounting or Finance, CPA or CFA (or equivalent) required.
- Experience leading process optimization and financial systems implementations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively interact with Executive management and cross-functional teams
- Ability to explain complex or technical financial subjects to a non-technical audience
What We Offer
- Comprehensive health insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical
- Flexible vacation
- All risk Insurance
- Office lunch
- Opportunity for company stock options