Critical Care Nurse Job, Current Medical Jobs Kenya,
Critical Care Nurse Ref No. N/ICU/08/2021
The purpose of this position is to maintain a caring and high professional standard of nursing care, meeting the needs of the patients in all aspects and promoting job satisfaction in the nursing team. In addition the jobholder is responsible for the assessment of patient needs, planning, implementation and evaluation of the care plans and the care delivered on daily basis.
Critical Care Nurse (ICU) provides most of the direct care to patients in life threatening situations within intensive care unit.
- Responsible for the Critical Care Nursing provided within the Hospital on a 24-hour basis.
- Contact person for individuals, cooperate and medical insurance schemes at The Karen hospital.
- Ensuring quality standards, safety and continuous improvement of patient clinical outcomes in ICU.
- Monitor the critical patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity and inform the ICU Doctor on duty as is necessary.
- Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment.
- Care for pre- and post-operative patients when those patients require ICU care.
- Assess patients’ pain levels and sedation requirements.
- Prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified needs.
- Assess family adaptation levels and coping skills to determine whether intervention is needed.
- Acting as patient advocate.
- Providing education and support to patient families.
- ICU nurse must be able to draw ABG Blood and interpret report correctly.
- ICU nurse should have enough knowledge about GCS (Glasgow Coma Scale) and also evaluation capacity of patient condition
- To practice at all times infection prevention practices as stipulated by the hospital protocols.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping in regards to patient care and good maintenance of the records.
- Communicating with a range of patients and their families, ensuring that clear and accurate information is included in the patients’ notes.
- Must have a Higher Diploma in Critical Care Nursing or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must be a Kenya Registered Critical Care Nursing.
- Must have Basic Life Support Course and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Course
- Must have a valid practicing license from the Kenya Nursing council
- Must have a minimum (5) year related ICU nursing experience
- Excellent proficiency in use of Computer
- Proficiency in reporting, typing and record keeping.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send detailed CV to email to: [email protected] quoting the reference number. Deadline for submission is 23rd August 2021
Due to the large number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contactedN.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Register Your CV With Us. . It's Free.
NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career? The Secret Is To Learn New Skills . .