- Company: Colgate-Palmolive
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Kenya
Our strong culture of collaboration, diversity, sustainability and inclusion is grounded in our core values of Caring, Global Teamwork and Continuous Improvement. Employees are rewarded by rich career development and career experiences. We pride ourselves on our focus on delivering high ethical, the richness that our diverse team brings, outstanding standards and our dedication to developing our employees. With many local benefits such as Summer Hours, Wellbeing programs, access to discounted Product, medical & life insurance, improved superannuation to name a few!
Main Responsibilities –
Category Management :
- Understand the strategic importance of category management and drive the use of it in key customer management
- Previous experience in interpreting and applying the category management 8 step processes.
Strategic and Creative Thinking :
- Take initiative to understand emerging consumer and marketplace trends and thinks through implications for the categories, channels and the customers; think in terms of regional concerns and global needs.
Consumer/Shopper Understanding :
- Have a broad based of knowledge about the consumer (attitudes, habits, shopping behavior) for each channel
- Work with consumer insight professionals to define business goals and specific research objectives prior to developing trade research programs.
Trade Understanding and relationships :
- Adapt to rapid changes by customizing the way Colgate does business with customers in the different channels
- Work to understand the objectives and priorities of key customers; understand the key factors driving change in the trade environment and the implications for both Colgate and its customers.
Cross Organizational Relationships :
- Encourage collaborative planning and problem resolution across channels and categories
- Prioritize what’s important across functions, channels, categories, and geographies; encourage others and personally develop good working relationships with professionals in other departments, regionally, globally, and in other countries.
Promotional Excellence :
- Help local teams drive the use of innovative and customized trade promotions focused on the customer’s consumer and channel and conducts post analyses to learn from results
- Select creative ways to leverage and invest trade money to drive customer’s performance and profitability.
Business and Global Perspective :
- Stay abreast of external business developments and understands their potential impact on Colgate’s performance
- Bring cross disciplinary knowledge to bear on issues and opportunities; focus on profitability and considers cost options when making decisions; actively integrate external and internal best practices and trends.
- Keep people well informed of plans, goals and objectives
- Provide clear understanding of job priorities and performance expectations. Clearly and simply express ideas and concepts
Required Qualifications –
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the FMCG industry in a similar role
Preferred Qualifications –
- Knowledge and past experience of working in the Nyanza region
- Understanding of trade margins
- • Past experience of working with distributors