Job Vacancy: Customer Service Attendant
Our client is a specialist in running convenience stores with numerous outlets in Kenya.
They are looking for a suitable candidate to support in pushing sales for the retail stores.
Reports to: Reporting to the Shop Manager.
Role Purpose: A Customer Service Attendant is a person who should have a friendly and engaging personality, is Comfortable working with members of the public. He/she should have a confident manner.Among others , Must be helpful and polite, physically fit as they will be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift large amounts of stock.
He/she should have comprehensive understanding of the area of sales i.e. retail, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, etc. To add, he/she should be able to work as part of a sales team, she should have Knowledge of inventory techniques. Lastly, he/she should be of a smart appearance and articulate.
· Greet customers who enter the shop with a smile
· Assist customers in locating the products and merchandise they need.
· Assist customers in packing and cart wheeling of their merchandize up to the exit point or to the car park.
· Assist customers in obtaining and paying off their bills at the counter.
· Answering queries from customers.
· Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor.
· Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers.
· Responsible for dealing with customer complaints.
· Monitor performance against plan, taking appropriate action to maximize sales and profit and reduce stock holding whilst increasing stock turn.
· Identify new business opportunities to grow sales and profitability
· Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays.
· Deliver cost effective supply solutions and achieve maximum full price sales and planned margin
Range Building and Planning
· Evaluate market and customer information together with historical data and forward trends to develop the department’s phased plans
· Manage product trialing activity with the Buyer
· Continuously monitor market activity, through regular competitor shop visits in the area.
· Gathering market intelligence from a wide variety of sources and store visits
· Agree and deliver promotional and marketing plans, optimizing sales and profit
· Responsible for security within the store and being on the look out for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
· Attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor.
· Exploit use of ratio packs, identifying methods of replenishment which are more cost effective
· Development of new stock/product packages
· Ensure effective communication at all levels, to include communicating the Company/shop/Departmental strategy in addition to operational priorities
· Encourage an environment of open communication within the team and the building of effective cross functional relationships.
· Adhere to self-discipline at all times.
· Report any crisis to the supervisor.
Health & Safety
· Monitor and maintain compliance at all time with health and safety requirements
· Observe cleanliness at all times of one self and the shop
· Adhere to the duty roster
· Provide assistance to shop managers and organizers.
· Perform shop assistant duties in maintaining and running a shop.
· Handle shop keys and deposit in a safekeeping locker.
· Perform opening and closing of shop on time.
· Managing transactions with customers using cash registers/POS
· Scanning goods and ensuring pricing is accurate
· Collecting payments whether in cash or credit when need be.
· Any other duty given by the supervisor.
Skills & Abilities
· System skills
· Communication skills
· Problem solving
· Certificate or diploma in any business related course
· At least 2 years’ experience in sales.
· Previously held shop attendant position in a service store is an added advantage.
· Good communication and ‘people skills’
· Confidence, motivation and determination
· The ability to work well on your own and also as part of a team
· Good organizational and time management skills
· Attention to detail
· Good business sense and a professional manner
· Must provide a certificate of good conduct
· Critical path management
How to Apply
Qualified and Interested applicants should send their detailed CV, indicating their current and expected salaries to [email protected] not later than 5.pm 27th November, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Our client embraces equal opportunity for all”