Duration: One ( 1 ) renewable
Reporting to : Principal Investigator s
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall data management procedures for the clinical trial including data capture , monitoring the quality and integrity of data and preparing summary reports .
He/she will work with the Trial Coordinator , the Principal I nvestigators , and the data management team at NIH to de sign and implement a robust data management system and ensure data management is performed in accordance with the trial protocol, procedures, guidelines and professional standards of practice. S/He will ensure that all data is complete, accurate and timely and must be in compliance with the applicable gui delines and regulations. T he holder of this position shall be expected to operate from
the KEMRI – CGHR field station in Kisian and the KEMRI – CGHR Clinical Research Centre in Siaya.
Duties and Responsibilities
in collaboration with
data support team, the development of the
, user requirements, edit
rules/checks, query logic and data
validation rules within the DF Discover
- D evelop and maintain data management plans, and standard operati ng procedures for conducting data management activities for the trial including backup systems for power and internet
- Ensure quality and accuracy of data submitted from the study sites and assure timely entry and review of the database, query resolution an d appropriate reporting and follow – up for all safety events by site personnel
- Create and maintain data management files, data dictionaries, and other required documentation in compliance with the national and international standards, regulations, and guideli nes on data protection, governance, and sharing
- Design and implement procedures for a utomation of data outputs and regular statistical reports and configure dashboard s for data visualization and other products for the information dissemination
- Provide training and mentoring to research staff and study teams on data management processes and mentor data clerks and interns
- Maintain study electronic devices such as laptops, tablets and other equipment used for data collection, ensuring data is secure and forms are updated as needed
- Extract data and p erform regular reviews to identify issues, generate queries, communicate and track their resolution working with the program staff and supervisors for corre ctive action/query resolution in a timely manner
- Work with the Trial data management support team to ensure the EDC system can lock/unlock and freeze/unfreeze for statistical review, interim review and/or final database checks
- Ensure good in ternet connecti vity for data entry at the trial sites and troubleshoot as needed
- Work with the study team to ensure that data reporting needs are scheduled and addressed
- Manage and supervise the daily data collection at the field sites
- Participate in planning meetings and scheduled conference calls with the study team and study partners
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned by their supervisor
- BSc in Computer Science, Biostatistics , Applied Statistics, or any other related field .
- A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills , attention to detail and a focus on quality and innovation
- Ability to prioritize work, exercise initiative and work with minimal direction
- Ability to manage multiple studies of medium complexity or size concurrently
- Adaptability to changes in work duties, responsibilities, and requirements
- E xcellent communication and problem – solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with colleagues, including research scientists
Terms of Employment:
year renewable contract as per the KEMRI scheme
of service and a
period for the
first 3 months.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on education levels, relevant experienc e, and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales plus
How To Apply
All the applications are to be done through
on or before
latest 5.00 p.m.
Please visit the KEMRI website http://www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.