- Company: Access Bank Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Banking Jobs in KenyaIT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Access Bank Plc is a full service commercial Bank operating through a network of about 366 branches and service outlets located in major centres across Africa and the United Kingdom. Listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 1998, the Bank serves its various markets through 4 business segments: Personal, Business, Commercial and Corporate & Investment banking.
The key objective of the team is to ensure that all critical databases are available and performing optimally at all times. It is also to maintain the integrity of the database and protect it from unauthorized access. The bank should also be able to work from an alternative location in the event of a disaster at the production site by either activating the DR site or restoring from backups.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Carryout Database Capacity planning, Review complex SQL codes and provide guidance during deployment of new applications.
- Interface effectively with all areas of IT systems and Infrastructure/Application teams, in order to provide appropriate support and maintenance for the database deployments.
- Put measures in place to ensure integrity of the database is not compromised
- Provide support and guidance for other departments on database related issues.
- Design and implement database backup policies and procedures
- Monitor database sizes against capacity plan and ensure regular health check of database infrastructure as well as per formance tuning to ensure continuous availability and optimal performance.
- Ensure all databases operate in compliance with the bank’s security and access policies.
- Respond to internal and external audit queries and ensure remediation of observed vulnerabilities and nonconformities.
- Facilitate root cause analysis on database issues.
- Perform benchmarking analysis to properly size hardware platforms, and maintain technical documentation relating to database management functions.
- A good first degree in comptuer science/ I.T with sound proficiency in database management. Relevant Master’s degree will be an advantage
- Professional Membership IT certification and other professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good knowledge and proficiency of Oracle Database
- Good knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server database
- Ability to use Oracle data dictionary
- Ability to review and interpret log files, AWR and other diagnostic reports to resolve performance challenges
- Good knowledge of UNIX/Linus and other relevant operating systems
- Good security knowledge
- Ability to research, resolve and document unknown problems.
- Regulatory knowledge