DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Population Reference Bureau
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
The PACE (Policy, Advocacy, and Communication Enhanced for Population and Reproductive Health) project is a Cooperative Agreement awarded to Population Reference Bureau (PRB) by the United States Agency for International Development. The project aims to elevate family planning (FP) and population issues in policies and programs as key to sustainable and equitable economic growth and development. PACE Kenya works to 1) secure commitments and mobilize domestic—and specifically county—resources to finance FP programs and services; 2) provide technical assistance in policy communications for integration of multi-sectoral approaches, such as Population, Health and Environment (PHE), at county level and; 3) supports the National Council for Population and Development in its role to lead on multi-sectoral population policy and strategy in Kenya. The project works in four counties (Narok, Busia, Samburu and Nakuru) and at the national level.
The Deputy Project Director (DPD) will serve as the senior manager of the PACE project in Kenya. The DPD will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight and in-country management of the project. S/he will coordinate closely with the Senior Advisor for East Africa to ensure that the project achieves its expected results through effective execution of project operations. In addition, the DPD provides technical expertise in the area of PHE integration and/or FP/RH policy in Kenya.
Essential/Primary Responsibilities :
- Provides day-to-day oversight of project activities, supporting a dynamic project team to deliver results per the annual work plan and budget.
- Ensures technical, financial, procurement, and administrative activities are carried out according to PRB’s policies and procedures and in compliance with USAID regulations.
- Oversees implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities, regular internal reporting of results, and ensures that project results are met.
- Takes a lead role in project reporting including coordination of quarterly project and financial reports.
- Works in partnership with project leadership based in the United States and Kenya including the Project Director, Deputy Director for Field Support, Senior Advisor for East Africa, and other project staff engaging in frequent, routine communication around the project’s progress and challenges.
- Provides technical support, for example, related to Population, Health and Environment and/or Family Planning/Reproductive Health policy.
- Supports development and oversight of country operational plans and protocols, in collaboration with PRB headquarters program finance team.
- Oversees local procurements (including contracting of consultants) and supports the development of sub-awards in coordination with PRB’s Washington, DC office.
- Develops and oversees implementation of PRB’s security protocols and provides leadership in handling security-related issues.
- Represents PRB in meetings and at events, cultivating a positive relationship between PRB and external stakeholders, partners, and donors.
- Supports the Senior Advisor for East Africa in maintaining a strong relationship with USAID Kenya.
- Contributes to new business development as requested.
- Supervises administrative and accounting staff.
- Other functions as relevant.
- Reports to the Senior Advisor for East Africa, PRB Kenya.
- The position is located in PRB’s office in Nairobi with frequent travel to partner counties.
Experience and Education
- Graduate degree in public health, social sciences, public administration; business, or related field.
- Minimum 7-8 years of experience in project management, including program, finance and operations management.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in senior project management.
- Experience managing USAID programs in health or family planning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations applying to grants and cooperative agreements.
- Experience in the hiring and supervising of country personnel.
- Experience developing and implementing operational systems and procedures.
- Financial management experience, including budgeting; financial management (tracking, reporting, and accounting); and procurement.
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation.
- Experience conducting policy analyses, using data and evidence to advocate for policy change, and designing advocacy strategies.
Significant understanding of the Population, Health and Environment and/or Family Planning/Reproductive Health policy environment and programs in Kenya preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to mentor staff.
- Strong operational management skills including in development of operating systems and procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing skills in English.
- Strong analytical capacity.
- This is a one-year fixed contract with possibility of extension by mutual agreement.
- The DPD is expected to travel up to 35 percent of her/his time.
Please remember to upload resume and cover letter in the “resume” section. Only finalists will be contacted. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
How to ApplySubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here