- Company: Microsoft
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Microsoft Corporation (commonly referred to as Microsoft or MS) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox video game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. As of 2011, it was the world’s largest software maker by revenue, and one of the world’s most valuable companies.
The Microsoft 365 Core Design Team in Oslo is looking for a passionate and self-motivated Studio Manager to help shape the future of intelligence-driven experiences across the Microsoft ecosystem. Our primary charters revolve around pro-active content discovery, integrated people profiles, and universal Search & Assistant experiences which are woven into the fabric of core Microsoft 365 products. You’ll work on products that have daily impact on hundreds of millions of people across the world.
The Studio Manager will report to our Design Director in Redmond. You will closely partner with the Design, PM, Engineering, and Research leads to breakdown the area vision into achievable goals and yearly planning activities. While individual design leads are responsible for the day-to-day design deliverables and partnerships in their areas, the Studio Manager identifies gaps and opportunities to improve design culture, balance, and processes across the entire team and to create cohesion and efficiencies among the various workgroups.
As Studio Manager, you will work across the organization and company to foster relationships and create clear and consistent communications with key partners in PM,Research, and Engineering. You will help to identify and mitigate potential issues and help to remove barriers that prevent designers from delivering great work.
You will join a diverse and enthusiastic team that care about building an inclusive and creative culture. We think that work should be both challenging and fun. You will be able to spend time to learn and grow within the team and by accessing Microsoft’s vibrant global community of designers and researchers.
- Help develop and facilitate key aspects of the studio workflow: rhythm of business, ways of working, and key date management.
- Contribute to creating a valued and respected design practice across our studio that supports inclusivity across the team.
- Identify issues, barriers, gaps, and opportunities to improve design quality and processes across the entire team and to create cohesion and efficiencies among the various workgroups.
- Help plan, schedule, and facilitate design sprints and working sessions that support strategic and creative thinking.
- Organize social and learning events that boost team spirit and growth-mindset.
- 5+ years of Studio Management or Design PM experience in product development.
- Be a passionate and collaborative team player, with the self-confidence, and motivation to succeed.
- Ability to inspire, convince and get stakeholders onboard.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous, fast paced, and high-pressure organizations.
- Excellent communication and networking skills. The working language is?English.
- Highly process-focused mindset with the ability to drive the roadmap with internal and external teams.
- Able to be flexible in managing own time due to occasional late?meetings.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.