Head of Digital Literacy & Education Innovation Job, Latest NGO Jobs In Kenya,
Title: Head of Digital Literacy & Education Innovation,
Our client RefuSHE is an NGO designed and dedicated to serving the needs of vulnerable refugee girls. The organization aims at serving the immediate requirements of the girls, ensuring safety and security, and their long-term needs of healthcare, education, empowerment, and income generation. They are launching a new flagship program in conjunction with other partners that aims to develop an E-Learning and Wellness Platform for urban refugees, with a specific emphasis on girls and women. They seek to hire a dynamic and globally fluent leader to head their new Digital Literacy & Education program and lead the collaborative working group with a focus on designing, developing, and launching the E-Learning Platform.
- Work with the organizations’ teachers, case managers, and counselors to digitize the curriculum, approach, and methodology
- Work with the organizations’ technology partner to identify best practices for digitizing the ideal “learning journey” for urban refugees
- Lead community design workshops to understand the needs, challenges, and opportunities facing refugee girls and young women in the urban settings that lead to viable recommendations and solutions for the Platform design and development
- Suggest solutions for increasing access to education for refugee girls and women through digital solutions and approaches.
- Strengthen program design to elevate the organization as a strong and desirable contender for funding, partnerships, and recognition for excellent service and outcomes
- Ensure program quality through rigorous assessment, design, development, comprehensive data collection and tracking
- Work with the Education Officer and Associate Director of GEP to strengthen and build the organizations’ academic offerings and work to translate those offerings into a digital format
- Work with Associate Director of Case Management and Safe House to strengthen and build the organizations counseling, case management, and protection services and work to translate those offerings into a digital format
- Work with ED and Program Team to strength and define the “organizations journey” to improve programming ability to move a refugee girl from dependency to self-reliance
- Maintain strong working knowledge of local, regional, and international policies affecting the organizations’ beneficiaries while Maintaining official records and documents and ensure compliance with international, federal, state, and local regulations
- Keep the US office abreast of any implications of policies that may affect the organizations’ operations and programs in Kenya
- Work with the Advocacy Officer to advocate for refugee’s access to resources
Skills & Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Education, Child psychology, Sociology, social work, or other related non-profit management fields.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in education is preferred
- 10-15 years of nonprofit management with increasing responsibility, including 3 years in senior management or executive leadership position.
- Demonstrated experience working in education or on educational programs or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience working in the Ed-Tech space including designing digital literacy curriculum, working on education technology platforms, training schools, students, or teachers in digital tools preferred.
- Grant writing and management experience is a plus.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- A strong data and analysis orientation and a proven ability to use metrics to drive decisions and achieve strategic objectives
- Demonstrated understanding of how to manage and maintain program budgets
- An engaging and supportive leader, with a track record of motivating and inspiring others to achieve impact through creativity and teamwork and of leveraging individual strengths to meet organizational goals
- A high level of emotional intelligence with a demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility with people quickly
- Able to effectively address overlapping projects, deadlines, and budgets.
- Adaptable and reliable in the face of crisis, or changing priorities.
- The candidate should have demonstrated experience in education, and/or Digital Literacy.
- Experience working on holistic programming that also includes protection, counseling, case management, and livelihood development will be an added advantage.
- Experience in a senior or executive-level role at a nonprofit, academic, or social impact setting is an added advantage.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV and cover letter quoting the job title on the email subject (Head of Digital Literacy & Education Innovation) to [email protected] on or before Monday 10 th August 2020.