- Company: Wasoko
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Logistics/Transportation Jobs in KenyaWasoko Jobs in Kenya
Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary. Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery service to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time.
This position is a key member of the leadership team responsible for overseeing warehouse operations across the region. The role will be the custodian of Health & Safety and accountable for inventory integrity, order fulfilment and the movement of goods in and out of the Fulfilment centers with the objective to develop a customer-centric culture in all that we do within our facilities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure superior customer experience through a perfect order that is delivered in full and is on time.
- Oversee a network of 50 Warehouses across 6 Countries with 15% – 20% Growth MOM
- Lead and Educate Country and Branch Managers in identifying key performance improvement indicators, targeting opportunities for improvement, adopting best practice processes and successfully executing improvement initiatives.
- Actively participate in the recruitment and hiring process, ensuring we always attract and retain the best talent.
- Ensure that the performance goals are set and achieved, through the proper execution of performance metrics as it relates to Safety, Quality, Productivity and Customer Service.
- Ensure the company’s physical assets (building, equipment, inventory, etc.) are properly controlled, maintained, protected and utilised. Drive process improvements to continually improve fulfilment efficiencies.
- Own the overall performance visibility for the fulfilment team versus targets set m-o-m/ q-o-q. Engage closely with initiative owners to ensure target completion can be achieved on time.
- Degree (Bachelor/Masters) in Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Business, Logistics Operations, or related field
- 8-10+ years of experience in Operations Management, Logistics & General Management with a data-driven and analytical focus
- A good understanding of fulfilment center and transport operations with a regional span of control
- Track record of leading and inspiring a team of individuals to work collaboratively and continuously improve results
- Solid team player with a Customer First mindset
- Strong attention to detail, analytical mindset and systematic problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and desire to learn and seek new challenges
- Ability to influence others, including key stakeholders in the wider business
- Power BI/Tableau Proficiency advantageous
- WMS – Manhattan Scale or similar proficiency advantageous
- LMS – Loginext or similar proficiency advantageous