JOB DESCRIPTION-PROGRAM OFFICER ROLE
About DKT International:
DKT International is the leading contraceptive social marketing organization whose core mission is the provision of safe and affordable options for family planning, reproductive health, and HIV/AIDS prevention. DKT International is one of the largest private providers of family planning and reproductive health products in the world, with a presence in over 50 countries. DKT began operations in Kenya and Uganda in 2017 and currently markets and sells a variety of products under the leading brand categories: Kiss Condoms, Lydia Contraceptives, and Kare Maternal Health products. DKT is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and health-minded organization where individuals can make a difference in improving lives of people.
DKT is looking for a skilled, committed and success-driven candidate for the position of Program Officer to coordinate and implement DKT’s Program and Training activities. The Program Officer will report to the Program Manager of DKT Kenya|Uganda’s regional office.
Coordinate and support implementation of programmatic and healthcare providers training activities through development of clear schedules of activities and training plans, development of supporting budgets and submission of concise reports showcasing the work done. Support the implementation of new business ideas aligned with DKT’s focus areas of social marketing, family planning and reproductive health.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Support in the development of programmatic activities workplans as well as healthcare provider training workplans and ensure timely and accurate completion of each activity.
· Support in the identification of DKT’s potential partner clinics and in establishing long-term working relations with the clinics in order to advance DKT’s work.
· Support in the coordination of community activities in order to increase awareness of DKT’s products among women of reproductive age.
· Represent DKT’s interests in some external stakeholders’ meetings as may be instructed.
· Participate in the development of concept notes and full proposals as may be requested from time to time.
· Identify and propose innovative ideas that would help advance DKT’s work aligned to the focus areas.
· Coordinate implementation of DKT’s training program to increase healthcare providers awareness, knowledge, and skills for use of contraceptives in Kenya and Uganda.
· Support to develop, produce and update training Content, Curricula, Training Materials, Training Aids, Pre/Post Tests, Evaluation tools, etc.**
· Coordinate the implementation of strategies to improve the value proposition of DKT’s training activities, including certifications, acknowledgments, course credits, etc.
· Ensure documentation of program and training related activities through developing concise reports.**
· Ensure continuous analysis of feedback and data gathered from implementation of programmatic and training related activities with an aim of ensuring continuous improvement.
· Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in family planning and/or reproductive health programs in private sector or NGO
· Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Nursing, Clinical Officer, Medical Biology or related field from a recognized academic institution.
· Extensive knowledge of family planning programming and the family planning/reproductive health context of Kenya and Uganda.
· Clinical experience is an added advantage.
· Proven experience in training and facilitation. A Trainer of Trainees certification is an added advantage.
· Demonstrated experience in effective planning and execution of activities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
· Ability to prioritize workload, plan and implement activities.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
· Ability to work in collaboration with different levels of stakeholders.
· Independent and highly motivated
· Highly innovative
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted to [email protected] ;** not later than 15 th July 2021
Kindly indicate details of your availability, current and expected salary, names & addresses of 3 business referees, current and previous employers, roles and responsibilities handled to date, together with your day and cell contact