- Company: Aga Khan Foundation
- Location: Kenya
- State: Kisumu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, not-for-profit international development agency, which was founded in 1967 by Prince Shah Karim Al Hussaini, Aga Khan IV. AKF seeks to provide long-term solutions to problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy and ill health in the poorest parts of South and Central Asia, Eastern and Western Africa, and the Middle East.
MECP-K is seeking dynamic and qualified individuals for enumerator positions to support in data collection for this study in Kisumu and Kisii counties.
- Attend the entire sessions of the enumerators’ training as will be required.
- Collect data using child-friendly methodologies and approaches with sampled girls and boys in select primary schools.
- Accurately collect data using digital devices (Tablets).
- Review the collected data with the field supervisor at end of every day before sending over to the server.
- Participate in process review meetings as will be advised by the Study Supervisor during the data collection.
- Take utmost good care of the data collection tablet and other assets that may be provided during this engagement, and return the same at the end of the assignment
- Uphold ethical standards and protocols during data collection, and adhere to privacy and confidentiality procedures.
Location: Kisumu & Kisii Counties Time frame: July – August 2021
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- At least Diploma level training in social sciences (preferably Education) or any related field from reputable institution.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection that involved working with children.
- Ability to travel to various ECDE centres within the counties.
- Experience using Android based tablets or Smartphones (past use of mobile based data collection applications will be an added advantage).
- Ability to communicate effectively in Kiswahili and English, and proficiency in local languages. Please note that part of the training will be conducted in English and comfort in this language is preferred.
- Highly organized, capable of handling multiple priorities and managing time effectively
- Friendly personality in working with children
The key deliverables will include;
- Collection of data and uploading to the server
- Submit field notes on the process of data collection including any important observations and challenges during data collection
- Handover the data collection tablet in good working condition
Duration: The data collection exercise is intended to take a maximum of 12 working days (9th to 24th August 2021) in Kisii and Kisumu counties.