- Company: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA), is established under the Environmental Management and Co-ordination Act No. 8 of 1999 (EMCA) as the principlal instrument of Goverment for the implementation of all policies relating to environment . EMCA 1999 was enacted against a backdrop of 78 sectoral laws dealing with various components of the environment, the deteriorating state of Kenya’s environment, as well as increasing social and economic inequalities, the combined effect of which negatively impacted on the environment. The supreme objective underlying the enactment of EMCA 1999 was to bring harmony in the management of the country’s environment.
- Interviewing complainants who visits NECC
- Participating in on site investigation visits
- Participating in public hearing
- Preparing annual reports, state of the environment reports and case reports
- Preparing workshop reports on behalf of the Committee
- Collecting, collating, analyzing and presenting environmental information/data.
- Collecting, tabulating and recording data on environmental complaints
- Conducting research, investigations and surveys in the field of environment
- Compiling research findings.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines;Env. Sciences,Env. Studies,Community Development,Natural Resources Management,Geo-informatics,Env. health and Safety,Biological and Physical Sciences,Biostatistics or any other relevant field
- Proficiency in computer application.
- Working experience in environmental field will be an added advantage
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution