Laboratory Services Quality Assurance Coordinator Job, Latest Quality Assurance Jobs Kenya,
The Quality Assurance Coordinator – Laboratory services will coordinate Equity Afia laboratory quality assurance initiatives as part of the QA team. They will contribute to establishment & maintenance of quality standards and procedures with an aim of implementing quality management systems for clinical services offered by Equity Afia
They shall be responsible for:
- In Liaison with the head of clinical services, develop and implement a formal clinical quality and patient safety program
- Monitor the implementation of clinical safety program in the laboratory department
- Drive the development and implementation of comprehensive care strategies, initiatives and programs that will lead to the achievement of quality patient care and growth.
- Providing guidance to franchise owners and ensure an effective staff management process for the facilities in place and is operational; recruitment, induction/orientation, training, performance management, discipline and growth and development, while keeping clinical staff current with up-to-date clinical information and practices
- Ensuring that laboratory operations comply with established standards and regulations
- Implement continuous medical education programs for laboratory staff across the Equity Afia network
- Initiate an annual budget plan to run the laboratory quality programs
- Support the procurement processes of clinical items for the medical centres
- Conduct internal and external controls to monitor the performance of the section and take prompt action to maintain quality service
- Monitor the implementation of safety program in the department
- Ensure all incidences are captured, investigated, and resolved as well as implementing preventive measures to prevent potential occurrences
- Maintain communication with accrediting and regulatory bodies.
- Auditing compliance and conducting all scheduled and random audits of Equity Afia clinics.
- Advice the Head of Clinical Services on unfavourable trends in unmet indicators for timely remedial action
- Lead Equity Afia clinics in conducting Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and implementation of preventive/corrective action.
- Identify & leverage on opportunities for continuous quality improvement and process reengineering to optimize operational efficiency and patient care at the Equity Afia facilities
- Higher Diploma or BSc in medical laboratory sciences or equivalent
- Quality or Health Services Management background, Master’s Degree – MBA, MPH, MSc would be advantageous
- At least 7-years’ post-qualification experience in a busy medical lab setting
- At least 2 -years’ experience implementing quality management systems in a busy clinical set up
- Membership and duly licenced by a professional body (Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologies and Technicians Board)
- Good ISO/GCLP, CAP, POCT, Blood Bank and JCIA quality system knowledge
- Experience in supporting healthcare as a business.
- Process Management: Experience in basic process management tools and techniques required
- MS Office proficiency, very good data analytical, presentation & report writing skills
- In-depth understanding of good clinical practice requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Good leadership/people/ team skills
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritize effectively.
- Effective time management and organizational skills
How To Apply