- Company: Leap29
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Our Client is a leading FCA-regulated Investment Bank operating across frontier and emerging markets with office globally, they are a fast-growing firm with a particular focus on Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East and North Africa as well as continued interest in Central Asia and Latin America.
They are looking to expand their team in Nairobi and hire an Executive Director to help manage existing fund activities and accelerate growth. The role will require a common understanding with the senior management and funds business objectives and presumes a readiness to collaborate with peers and to delegate responsibility to subordinates, if in the better interests of the Firm and the Fund.
The fund has been particularly designed to support small-scale Independent Power Producers (IPPs), mini-grids and captive power projects by providing various debt products, including corporate and project loans, construction/bridge loans and mezzanine finance, in both hard and local currencies.
Core responsibilities include;
- Be accountable to the Manager for the business functions within the scope of the role.
- Support the investment management of FEI as a senior member of the team
- Oversee and manage investments, including deal negotiation, due diligence, project structuring, financial structuring, Investment Committee approval processes, deal documentation, conditions to disbursement, and life-of-deal portfolio management (including project monitoring and debt restructuring if needed).
Portfolio Risk Management
- Support the Manager of FEI by ensuring that effective governance and appropriate risk management is in place for the Fund.
- Undertake deal origination and business development for the fund within region or by product type, as agreed mutually with the Manager.
If you think you would be a good fit for this Executive Director role, please get in touch.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.